Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dstoodley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 03:06 AM
    Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate?
    At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic
    scirocco70 Posts: 128, Reputation: 9

Jul 16, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Maybe... it depends on the total flow, and if the current pipe is restricting that flow.

You certainly won't see a decrease in flow!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Letter of rate increase to existing mow customers [ 1 Answers ]

Need suggestions of letter format for rate increase on existing mow/ landscape customers

How to increase water flow when multiple fixtures running? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Ask Me, I want to increase water flow when multiple fixtures are running. We have a 2900 sq foot two level L-shaped rancher built in 1963 in Atlanta. For our family of four, the water pressure is fine. When someone is taking a shower there is a noticeable drop in pressure and volume when...

Salary Increase Rate in Vietnam and Cambodia [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Does anyone know where I can find free data regarding salary increase percentage in Vietnam and Cambodia? Thanks! :) Regards, Winn

View more questions Search