Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Replace data/fax port with firewire port
    I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a pci slot can I remove and replace with a firewire pci?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 08:46 AM
    You can buy a PCI extension card that adds the amount of PCI slots available to your PC
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 17, 2007, 09:19 AM
    If your on broadband internet (i.e. cable or Bell), then you can remove the data/fax modem card, unless you actually use your PC as a fax machine... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modem com port 4 [ 4 Answers ]

I have come across this problem a few times but can never remember how I fixed it. My modem is installing on COM port 4, I only have COM port 1 and 2. I have NO resource conflicts, have uninstalled and reinstalled many times with the same result. Thanks Dan

Port Forwarding [ 1 Answers ]

How do I forward my Ports to my wireless AtivaG54 router? I tried enabling my Upnp fucnction but I keep getting error:password>3char

3 Port FireWire IEEE 1394 What to buy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I want to hook it up to my compac presario 2100 laptop, but I don't have the 1394 connection on my laptop to hook up the cable from camcorder to laptop. I know I have to buy the port (does it matter which brand?) I have to buy the cable (that...

USB Adaptor in PS/2 Port [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Fujitsu laptop running Win 98SE and it does not have any USB ports. I have this adaptor that allows me to convert a PS/2 port into a USB port for plugging USB peripherals in. I've run hardware scans, restarted the computer, etc. and I can't get it to recognize the USB adaptor...

View more questions Search