Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
    How do I hook up xbox live
    :confused: how do you hook up xbox 360 on the PC for xbox live activication??
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Here are two answers since your question isn't completely clear.

#1 If you are asking how to activate a Live account, you do not need to connect to a PC. You can do so from within xbox 360 as long as you're connected to the internet. You can also log into your account online from your PC and manage it from there as well.

#2 If you are asking how can you connect your PC to your xbox 360, you would be asking then to probably be able to play video from a PC onto the xbox and out to your TV. Here is how you do that:

Step 1: Connect your console to your network

Connect your console to your home network using a wired or wireless connection.

Step 2: Set up Zune or Windows Media Player

Which software do you want to use?

Zune
    Open Zune and then click Settings.

Click Software, Xbox 360.

Select the media types you want to share, and then click OK.
    Note You can download the Zune software from Zune.net.

Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7)
    In Windows Media Player, click the Stream menu and then select Turn on media streaming.

On the page that appears, click Turn on media streaming.

Name your media library and click OK.

Windows Media Player 11 (Windows Vista)
    In Windows Media Player, right-click Library, and then click Media Sharing.

Click Share my media, and then OK.
    Windows Media Player will search for devices on your network. Xbox 360 should appear with a green check mark.

If you want to apply more options, click Settings.

When you're done, click OK.

Step 3: Play or view media

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Media, and select either Music Player or Video Player depending on the type of media you want to play.

Select the name of your computer.
    Note If the name of your computer is not listed, select Computer and then Test Connection.

Select the item you want to play or view.
    Source: Xbox 360 Support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xbox Live [ 4 Answers ]

My mom won't let me use our xbox live because she knows people can use dirty language, even though I've been telling her that you can mute or hide it... what should I tell her?:confused::(

Xbox live [ 1 Answers ]

Well I try to get on xbox live today and it logs me on and says I have to agree to a new terms of use to get on and start playing games. So I select the view terms of use and it starts to take me to the page but once it starts to load it kicks me off and says that I am no longer connected. I can't...

How do I hook up to xbox live upstairs when my computer is downstairs? [ 4 Answers ]

My boys have a bedroom upstairs & my computer is downstairs, how do I get their xbox 360 system hooked up for xbox live? I already have a wireless router for my laptop, what else do I need for xbox live?

View more questions Search