Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armywife888 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
    How do I prove an unfit father?
    My son is 13 months old. In the past 7 months, my ex had seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. They don't know each other at all. My ex doesn't even call or help me out with my son. In January 07 I asked for him to sign him over, and he said no. His name is on the birth certificate, but we were never married. I live in TX so some laws are different. I'm not sure of all of my rights or his. My fiancée wants to adopt my son. How do I prove that my ex is an unfit father? He has also been to jail 4 times in 3 months! He does drugs and sells them. He doesn't care about me or my son. Help me please!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 02:35 PM
    It is very hard to do, your first and main stop will be an attorney. You will have to show he is a danger to the child basically.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
    You cannot force him to relinquish his rights. Your only hope is, as Chuck said, to show that he's a danger to the child. What you might try is petition in Family Court for child support. You might then use that as leverage to get him to agree to allowing your husband to adopt the child. In any case you need an attorney to help you prepare for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can this prove infidelity? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband left our marriage abruptly a few months ago. I have circumstanstial evidence that he is cheating on me. I was told that infidelity in my state (Rhode Island) can only be proven if you catch the two parties "in the act" or by finding vehicles of the parties overnight together. I have...

Can I prove my innocence? [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't even leave the store. I went to look out the doors to see if my friend was coming and they stopped me and told me I was being charged for shoplifting. The security guard said it was my intention to steal. I explained to him that I never would have left the store without paying. Should...

Unfit father [ 12 Answers ]

My baby is almost 4 and has only seen her father once. And he hasn't paid anything for her. He now wants to take me to court for visittaion. He has an extensive criminal history of drugs, and assault. He is a really bad person that has threatened to kill me, and kick my , and steal my child, and to...

Father wants to relocate out of state awarded custody because mother proven unfit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in ny state I have had joint physical custody of my nine year old for over 5 yrs. I received custody after fighting to prove mother unfit. My wife(Step-mom) has been in picture since day 1. She has been offered work out of state = Promotion, more money. She has been with company over 8yrs....

Prove by induction [ 2 Answers ]

I need to prove by induction that for every n => 0, 8/1*3 + 8/5*7 +... + 8/(4n+1)*(4n+3) <= 4 Every help is welcome!

View more questions Search