Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moekhan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Depth of the Fraser River
    Hello,

I am a Vancouver, BC resident. Does anyone know the depth of the Fraser River? How deep the deepest spots are and where?

Just started living close to it and was just wondering.

Thanks
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Aug 4, 2007, 12:29 AM
    I cross the Fraser River frequently and I believe it goes all the way to the bottom.

Just kidding, there is shipping up the river, but parts of it are dredged. I'd say that puts it between 12 and 25 feet deep depending on where you check depth. By the way, Deep Cove is a truly wonderful place to picnic.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 4, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Here is a link that may help you

Fraser River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It tells you everything you need to know about the Fraser River
    moekhan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Thanks guyz for all your input... it helps a lot...

I gues I should have been more specific. I hang out at the Forshore park a lot with my girlfriend. She was wondering how deep the river is at the site.. it looks over towards River road. The park is located just off marine drive where the new Canadian Tire is..

Thanks
    KingQuinoa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
    High tide and low tide are 13 feet apart at tsawassen. So the channel would have to be a lot deeper than that. To allow sufficient draught for large vessels the channel area would have to be at least 25 feet deep maybe more.
    Rusty5620 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 02:33 AM
    It the main channels its varies from 40 to 60 feet. In the smaller channels or sloughs (around Deas Island for example) it can get very shallow. 3 to 4 feet at low tide. In Fort Langley fishing for sturgeon our depth was 48 feet in the deepest part of the channel. Taking a paddle wheeler day cruise under the Patullo bridge the depth was 65 feet. Fishing for sturgeon in canoe pass the depth was only 8 feet at low tide in the middle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fence Post Depth [ 4 Answers ]

I want to build a wood fence using 4"x 4" posts & pressure treated 6'H x 8'L pre-fab panels (shadowbox style). I want the tops of the posts to be at or slightly above the tops of the fence panels. What is the practical minimum depth the posts need to be to support the panels? Thanks

Parana river [ 1 Answers ]

How much water does the river parana contain

Depth below slab surface of sewer rough? [ 1 Answers ]

Speedball or anyone who knows, We are trying to design and build a small pool house that will have a bathroom and some kitchen fixtures. Question I have: To figure out the slab elevation (height), what is the vertical depth below the slab surface that the sewer rough piping must be installed...

Nile River [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how fast the Nile River flows? :confused:

Copper pipe minimum depth in wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Is there a minimum depth that copper pipe must be installed within walls? In other words, minimum clearance between the pipe and the drywall? I know there is for electrical lines, so somebody hanging a picture doesn't drive the nail in and electrocute themselves. I have an...

View more questions Search