Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kapilp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2005, 07:31 PM
    Dryer gets hot but clothes are damp
    Hi,

I have a wirlwool dryer and the air is hot but the clothes remain damp even after the hottest cycle.

Also the air seems moist.

Any ideas?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2005, 09:00 PM
    Check the air path from where the dryer draws it in clear through the lint screen and out to the vent.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2005, 09:53 PM
    Please do as labman says. My understanding is that excessive lint buildup from the dryer to the outside can be a fire hazzard.

Also, my father in law swears that you can increase the efficiency of a dryer by taking out the lint trap and cleaning it with hot soapy water and a brush. Claims that dryer sheets can produce an invisible film. To test it take a "clean" lint trap and run water over it. If the water pools at all there may be some film that needs cleaning. He says he cleans his lint trap with soapy water every month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Frigidaire dryer ruining clothes [ 1 Answers ]

We have a frigidaire galley dryer that was purchased 4/5 years ago. Clothes are getting stuck in the crack around the door that allows the drum to spin. It leaves marks and/or chews them up. Has anyone experiences anything like this or know how to fix it.

Whirlpool Gas Dryer leaves clothes damp [ 2 Answers ]

Model # GGW9868KQ@ Whirlpool sensor gas dryer leaves clothes damp when using the automatic controls. What's wrong:

Amana Clothes Dryer Problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 8-year old Amana Dryer Model #LEA10AW. It started squeaking a few weeks ago, sounding like what others Here have described. It would get better after it ran for a while. The squeak subsided a bit, but now the dryer won't heat and the Control dial does not advance. I...

View more questions Search