Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scoleman01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Selling a house
    I have heard that a fireplace adds 12% to the value of house when selling. Can anyone confirm this, because it sounds like a lot?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
    A fireplace certainly adds value, but I doubt if anyone can put such an exact figure on it. Some of that depends on the area and whether the buyer wants a fireplace.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Gas will also earn you more than wood-burning, unless it's an antique-style wood-burning which fits with the architecture of the home. 12% seems high though, no matter what kind of fireplace it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling House [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling my house (by owner) -- looking for templates that I can use for flyers. Thanks

Selling our house [ 4 Answers ]

My husband filed ch. 13 in 2005 in Tennessee. He did not include our 1st and 2nd mortgages in his bankruptcy (we pay them outside of the plan). I did not file bankruptcy. We are both in title on the house and we are both on the 1st and 2nd mortgages. We now want to sell our house and I have been...

Selling house after less than 2 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house a year and a half ago and may need to move because of my job. What do I need to know regarding taxes on the sale? If I put all the money from the sale of my house into a new house, will I be exempt from taxes?

View more questions Search