Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jul 14, 2007, 05:19 PM
    World of cheaters.
    I ask this older dude about the occurrence of cheating in the past, and he said that it was mostly the men, and women almost expected or accepted it. He also stated that put in the right situation all men will cheat. When I aksed about women he said that they don't cheat like men. My question is Will the majority of women cheat if they were placed in ideal situations in today's society. Was old dude's observation reflective of women two or three decades ago.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jul 15, 2007, 02:59 AM
    More men cheat that women. Men just want to have a root where as women are less likely to do this as they are just not as much wanting a guy inside of them. I believe women normally have to have feelings for the guy . Where as guys don't hae to have feelings to sleep with a girl they will just hit it once and hit the road!!

Jul 15, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Comment on mckenzie134's post
    Excellent answer, but what is worse?

Jul 15, 2007, 06:18 AM
    So women cheat less because the majority of them have to have an emmotional attachment before they have a man inside them?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Regardless of what "situation" one may be "put in" (or allow themselves to be put in to), an individual decides for him/herself whether they're going to cheat. I don't necessarily think that cheating is more prone in one gender or the other. I also believe that cheating results from underlying issues having nothing to do with sex.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
    He also stated that put in the right situation all men will cheat.
    Old dude is wrong, male or femle there are those that will not cheat, no matter the situation.
    hair2007 Posts: 135, Reputation: 6

Jul 15, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Old dude is wrong, male or femle there are those that will not cheat, no matter the situation.
    Totally agree with you tal, I know I for one never did or would, and I had oppurtunities like others I'm sure. Its either in you or not...
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie134
    I believe women normally have to have feelings for the guy.
    Except whores
    reese27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanalov
    Except whores
    That's actually kind of a sexist comment don't you think? Why are women whores if they want to have casual sex? :confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reese27
    That's actually kind of a sexist comment don't you think? Why are women whores if they want to have casual sex? :confused:
    There not, whores charge money.:rolleyes:
    anb0517 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Gender has nothing to do with it. It really depends on the individual and his/her morals. In order for the man to cheat there has to be a woman, right? Society has changed and with that so have women.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 16, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Ah but its not the women who are doing the cheating, unless they too have a partner! A woman having sex with a married man does not make her a cheater, it makes her a lot of things, but not a cheater!

I have been married to a serial cheater, he said he cheated because he likes variety. Good for him. His new partner has cheated on him. Its called Karma! I couldn't imagine myself cheating, but that's because I was brought up to have respect for people. If I wasn't happy in a relationship I would leave my partner before trying to find a new one. Not everyone, men especially it seems, have those same values. But I do agree its because men generally have more opportunity to cheat than women, who are usually the ones having to stay at home and look after the kids (generally lol!) Saying that I have known several women who have cheated on their partners, but all of them have met their other man whilst at work.
    I definitely think some people cheat and others don't. I am happy to say I am one who wouldn't, I have no reason to and even if I wasn't happy I would leave rather than cheat.

Jul 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Comment on Oracle Monroe's post
    I really like you, you are goooood

Jul 16, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Thank you, I think I'm getting to the bottom of this now.
    RinaRicucci Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Cheating is not acceptable - woman are smart and independent and will not tolerate that behavior without the penalty of alimony. Child support.

I believe his views are antiquated.
    Cali2233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    Regardless of what "situation" one may be "put in" (or allow themselves to be put in to), an individual decides for him/herself whether or not they're going to cheat. I don't necessarily think that cheating is more prone in one gender or the other. I also believe that cheating results from underlying issues having nothing to do with sex.
    I agree, although I have noticed this in more men. My question is what are some examples of underlying issues? I think this is good point and often overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by E3317 View Post
    I really like you, you are goooood
    Good point, although I recently witnessed a situation where the man in power, business owner & breadwinner who lives alone but in a long-term relationship spends less time at the office and more time at home (or wherever he chooses, his home or the other woman's home) which gives him plenty of opportunity to cheat on his significant other. Seems that many wealthy men abuse their power this way too when they have too much time on their hands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cheaters [ 2 Answers ]

So I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months officially now, but we have been basically together for a year. We were dating for a couple months when I didn't know that he had another girlfriend of 2 years. After I found out about this other girl, she also found out, and he told me that he...

Where in the world? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I know this is a decision I should make myself, but I am looking for suggestions and input. I am enrolling in the Rotary exchange program, and have a choice to go virtually anywhere in the world (excluding africa and most of asia) on an exchange trip for a year. I am in grade 10 now,...

What in the world is this? [ 6 Answers ]

I've never run into a webpage like this before (give it a minute to load): http://www.space.com/images/google.html What in the world is it? Why would someone take the time to do all that - and what purpose does it serve? ... just curious.

Please someone help me It would mean the world truly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a soon to be 18 year old who will start my Senior year of High School. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky it's a she. We've known each other for two years talked to each other through phone,internet, and letters. We both love each other as friends an see each other as dating material...

View more questions Search