Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summersun29 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2005, 09:20 AM
    Seeking debt advice
    Hi everyone...

I wish I was posting under better circumstances, but I'm not. I need help. After I left college, I found myself in a deep amount of debt. My friends and famly are so beyond helping me and who can blame them. I was thinking of calling a credit counselor but am so nervous. I've heard good things and bad things so I don't really know what to do.

I have about 20k in debt (this is combined leftover student loans and credit cards, other debts). Any help would be greatly appreciated, or even any suggestions of good places to turn/talk to.

Thank you!!

Charley

tlmr Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2005, 08:48 PM
    Don't know if I can help
    Well I can tell you that I myself have tried one of those debt counselors and ended up walking away from them. My parents also tried one different than mine and they ended up losing about $800.00 and still had to try and pay the bills themselves. The only thing I can tell you is that you have a long hard road ahead. There is light at the end of the tunnel if you learn to make your money work for you. I have learned how to make a reasonably good income on a very part-time bases. My company is expanding and I am looking to recruit some new people. If this is something you could possibly be interested in I would like to give you some more information.
    BHRAgent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 08:49 PM
    Real Help, Now!
    Hey Charley,
    Sorry to read what's going on in your post. I'm not sure if you got this mattered settled already. If not, I suggest you check out:

http://www.knuckleheaded.com

Just fill out your info. & get a free evaluation to see if BHR & Associates can help you. We're a debt negotiating company with an excellent, reliable reputation that has been around for over 25 years. If you know anyone else who needs help too, send them our way. You'll hear from us a.s.a.p. It wouldn't hurt to see if we could help. No risks or obligations.

Take care!
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 02:07 PM
    Whatever you are going to do, if you are even thinking about bankruptcy, you ought to talk with a bankruptcy lawyer as soon as possible because the new bankruptcy law becomes effective October 17, 2005 and it will certainly cut your options down.
    Dave410 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2005, 01:43 PM
    summersun29,

Check out this site for more information if you have more than 20k in debt. It provides a brief summary about debt consolidation and you will get a better idea if you should opt for such a service or not...

Hope it helps.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 12, 2005, 07:03 AM
    Get on the internet and find bud hibbs before you do anything
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2005, 09:02 AM
    Debt
    Hi,
    According to latest National News Network polls, the worst problem many, many college graduates face after graduating is how to pay off credit card debt.
    I'm not saying you did this, but many keep charging stuff on credit cards, not understanding the high interest rates involved.
    I don't have any suggestion as to how to pay it off, but have you considered checking online for a new credit card company?
    There are many who want your business, by calling them, and setting up a new accout, transferring all debt to them, for 0% interested for 6 months, or possibly longer.
    This would get you out of the high interest rates for at least 1/2 a year.
    The only way I know to get out of dept, is either eventually pay it off, accepting a good job, or declare bankruptcy, which is now harder to do.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2005, 05:59 PM
    Call the Suzie Orman show!

Her website is http://www.suzeorman.com/

She is great at giving financial advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Seeking advice on rough-in [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! Just got my blocks laid for a new garage addition to my home and need to make sure I am on the right track. I had initially planned to have the plumbing rough done by a plumber but after contacting 6 "respectable" plumbers and getting no interest I have decided to tackle this myself. I had...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

Seeking Paternity Legal Advice [ 5 Answers ]

I am a married women of 15 years and have a child who is 5 years old. I had an affair 5 years ago outside of my marriage, and the guy thinks he may be my child's biological father five years later. My husband knows nothing about this, and never question paternity or had no reason to. Does this...

Help Please! Seeking Advice For Repairing Rust On My Car Please. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Eagle Summit Eagon (mini van) only 55,000 km. Unfortunately, I should have repaired the rust when it began, but I didn't. I am so embaressed driving around like this. There is rust around the area of each wheel (is it called the wheel well?) approximately 4inches of rust at the...

View more questions Search