Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Bad cramps
    How do I get rid of really bad cramps without medicine?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Well, without medicine they won't go away completely, but a warm bath or a moist heating pad will certainly help quite a bit.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I do not like to take meds either. I using breathing and calming myself down. I sit or lie in a quiet room and concentrate. I like to be alone when I am in pain. I close my eyes and breath in deeply through my nose as much air as my lungs will hold and slowly expel it from my lungs through my mouth. It usually takes me around 5 minutes to start feeling relief. But I have been doing this for about 15 years.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I find exercise (even though it is the last thing you want to do) really helps as it increases your circulation. Or here's a odd one - a cat. They are nicely warm and if you can get them to sit still long enough it's brilliant, especially when they purr. Weirdly enough best water bottle I've ever had. A bit silly I know but my first suggestion is a proper one.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Sometimes it helps to pull your knees up to your chest, sort of like the fetal position. A heating pad can also quickly become your best friend. I've got one with a timer and about a million different settings - it's great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Bad cramps! [ 3 Answers ]

Why do I always have such bad cramps? Its unbearable at times. I just lay on my bed and curl up and cry. I cry myself to sleep. Please give me suggestions. Good pills, home remedies, etc. :/ help greatly appreciated!:o

Cramps- Normal? [ 7 Answers ]

I got my first period when I was almost 11 I think. I am almost 16 now. I can't honestly tell you if it is regular or not because I have to admit I have never actually counted to see if my period is regular but the time it comes has never seemed too close or too far apart so I'm sure on that level...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Where did the cramps go? [ 2 Answers ]

I am now about 5 weeks pregnant. Have had cramping pretty much every day for the past week (it comes and goes). I have also had sore breasts. Today I have no cramping at all. Is this cause for concern? My breast are still sore though. Thanks!

View more questions Search