Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstupid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Charged with Theft under,fraud under.
    Please help me to answer these questions... THank you very much.

I was charged with theft under 5000, and Fraud under 5000 like 3 years ago.
    The actual amount was 2600.
    I turned myself in after I did it,then I was arrested, this was my first offence.
    I was into gambling that year, so I had some loans from loansharks within my local city.
    Therefore I did not show up for court twice, the first time I missed it, I turned myself in again. And I told Judge I am moving to another city. Judge ordered me to show up 20 days later,However I wasn't able to show up because I knew these guys would go after me if I show up at the court(obviously the court will let me go after my trail,since I was going to admit I did everything)... now 3 years later, I still have my arrest warrant out there,(it didn't affect me at all, since police will only look for me if I am within 100km of the city,and I live in another city that is 800km away.) There is another reason I didn't want to show up at the court by the time being, because I didn't have 2600 to pay back, now I have the money, and I want to solve this problem. Is it possible to get a condtional discharge or any kind of that? And I am really into a hurry to apply for a passport, and travel to another country. Its almost 4 years now, I did not commit a single offence, or even broke any by-law. I was just too stupid by then, when I was charged I was 19 years old. By the way, I live in Canada, Thanks for your help.

And I don't know what I can really do now...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Hi superstupid, I live in Canada too, and I must say that was really stupid but you seem to have your ducks in a row and know what you want to do. I think you should contact a lawyer and tell him this story too and see how he advises to proceed so you can come clean and move out the country, because you certainly can't get a passport with this hanging over your head. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant and being charged with theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 8 months pregnant. And being charged with theft under 5000 for taking cash from my till at work. Needless to say it was a stupid thing to do but it was to put gas in my car so I could get to work the next day and to buy food. I was in all honesty just about to put the money back into the...

Charged, Theft Under. Switching a top with receipt [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am 19 years of age and I live in Toronto, Canada. I have recently been charged for theft under. I have been charged in the past for theft under, but I have received a diversion for that. This is my second time getting charged. I am accused of going taking off a price tag off a shirt and...

Theft and fraud under [ 1 Answers ]

I have been charged with theft and fraud under. I have admitted my quilt. I am a first time offender. What can I expect.

Can you still be charged for a theft after? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Ontario,Canada and about 4 years ago I was fired for stealing from my employer. What happened was on several different times I would mark down the wrong amount of bowling league members down wrong and take the $$$$. Eventually I was caught and was fired, however, I got to write...

Charged with both theft& deception [ 4 Answers ]

I worked in a bank and I made fake transactions and stole $3670. I have been charged with 6 counts of both theft& deception and receiving stolen property. I don't have a criminal record and never been convicted of a crime before. I'm very afraid. If there's someone out there who knows something or...

View more questions Search