Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcookiematt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Have not lived with husband in 4 years
    Hello I have not lived with my husband in four years.
    Since he's had a son by another woman and living
    His life. I want to get an annulment or divorce but
    Don't have his address. How can I get out of this sticky
    Situation
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 15, 2007, 05:04 AM
    See if you can apply for an irretrievable break-down of marriage in your state. This requires nothing but a name of the husband, and it doesn't require a signature from him.

XenoSapien
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 15, 2007, 05:30 AM
    You don't necessarily need his address to get a divorce. The courts will try to find him, but a divorce can be issued without his signature if they can't find him anyway, my sister did that!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 08:11 AM
    You'll have to make a good faith attempt to locate him. But if you cannot then the divorce can proceed without him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone lived in Okinawa recently? [ 1 Answers ]

My family is considering taking a DOD job in Okinawa on the Kadena base. Does anyone have any information to help us make this decision? WE have four children ages 9-19. The two youngest are excited but I will have to sell the oldest, especially the college one. IF you have any info about...

Husband 17 years [ 1 Answers ]

My husband of 17 years and 5 children had an affair for 3 years not ongoing. I want to know how to get over the affair itself but mostly the wanting of another woman. He says he loves and doesn't want to lose me hard to believe. We are seeing a counselor I just have huge doubts. He wanted...

Lived and Worked in two States [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I lived in Idaho from Jan. 06 through August 06. And in August moved to Utah, where I currently live. How do I file both my State and Federal Taxes?:confused: I understand that I will need to file in both States for state taxes... which form do I use... and are they pretty self...

Lived in 2 states but worked in one. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I lived and worked in VA for 8 months and then moved to NC where I bought a new home. I did not work in NC but I itemized taxes from the new home (real estate and mortgage Interest) . Do I file both states?

Lived in NJ, worked in NY [ 5 Answers ]

Hi again ATE, I worked in a company in NY for 3 months on OPT (then moved to CA). But like many other people I was living in an apartment in NJ for 2 months (1 month in friends home). All my income was from my company in NY. Should I file for only NY state or for NJ state as well? ...

View more questions Search