Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parisxbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Statutory rape
    If you have a girlfriend that lives in Alberta canada and she is 16, and you have a son that lives in the US and is 18 and something happends is that considered statutory rape??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 08:05 AM
    We seem to be missing part of this story, parisxbaby. I don't see the connection, there is a long distance involved here.
    Soph_E Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 10:04 AM
    If they have intercourse yes it is statutory rape because she is under the age of 18 and therefore unable to consent to having sex. Yet some states have stricter laws that it must be a 3 year age gap so I'd check your state's specifics on that but usually if one is 18 or over and the other is under, it is considered statutory rape.

But if you're thinking of cyber sex or phone sex there's no statutes defining that as rape only actual intercourse.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 15, 2007, 10:09 AM
    We need some more info about the situation because I'm not sure how that would work. It could count as statutory rape if any sex/sexual intercourse happened though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Let me see you are some old man, with a 18 year old son, and you have a 16 year old girl friend.

Basically we consider that being a dirty old man who has some very serious problems, I do believe in Canada 16 is the legal age of concent, so all you have to worry about is her dad killing you if he catches you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Okay, but where does the poster live. One good point is, is it a cyber relationship and that's where the confusion is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Don't know what Canadian laws are on this but I'd consult to see what the age of consent in in your state. In many states that would be perfectly legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape [ 10 Answers ]

I was raped 3 1/2 yrs ago and have a child as a result. I was to terrified to say anything at the time being 17 yrs old myself. The rapist was 21. How long do I have to report this? My husband and I don't want this guy to get away with this. Any help?

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

Statutory Rape? [ 3 Answers ]

Would it be considered illegal for me, a 16 year old to be dating and having sex with an 18 year old, in New York?

Hello - Statutory Rape? [ 8 Answers ]

In 2004, I met a guy who was involved with an acquaintance who had been dating him for years on end. She introduced me to him as he was seventeen, I was twenty at the time, blah blah blah.. I began dating him shortly thereafter. His family welcomed me in and told me that we had to be careful that...

View more questions Search