Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Caesar dressing
    I have done some reading on what kinds of food you are not suppose to eat while pregnant. I read that you aren't suppose to eat caesar dressing or the cheese dip Mexican places serve. Is this true or is this overboard? Supposedly caesar dressing contains egg and the Mexican dip is a soft cheese. Are these two things are am really suppose to stay away from... I love these two things!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Caesar dressing was one of my favorite things while I was pregnant! I never had any problems. They are just saying you shouldn't eat it because of the raw egg that is in the dressing.

I haven't ever heard of not eating cheese dip, that's a new one to me! :)
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
    I just can't imagine having to give up caesar salads! I understand about the raw eggs, but surely there isn't enough in the dressing to really be a problem.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
    I'm not too sure how much raw egg is in the dressing, but like I said, I never had any problems. I couldn't imagine giving up caesar salads either! :)
    sara356 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Bekah, my guess is because caesar dressing and cheese contain milk and/or egg. Experts now believe that if the mother consumes foods that contain a high amount of any of the main known allergy producing foods (eggs,milk,shellfish,wheat,peanuts,soy) that this puts the child at a greater risk of being allergic to these foods. Food allergies have been on the rise in the past few years and this is their latest guess of how to try and prevent your child from having food allergies. However it is almost impossible to avoid these foods completely in everything you eat and remain healthy during pregnancy. So my suggestion is to maybe just limit your intake of these foods rather than completely avoid them if you are concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Julius Caesar [ 4 Answers ]

What is a question I can ask Julius Caesar if he was alive?

Julius caesar [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the character who was a young servant boy

Dressing etiquettes [ 2 Answers ]

I have to give a presentation on dressing etiquettes... if someone can help..

Help with julius caesar [ 2 Answers ]

I have homework questions on the shakespeare play of julius caesar can someone help me.

View more questions Search