Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddbrazer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Trane 2 ton & 2 1/2 ton pricing
    I am trying to find out if I am getting a fair or good price from a local company located here in Miami, Florida. Believe it or not the two A/C units in my home are still working from the day the house was built 19 years ago.

I received a quote on 2 Trane units.

XB13 2TTB30 30 = $2499

XB13 2TTB3024 = $2399

These prices include installation. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are fair prices, or if any can direct me to a web site where I might be able to find the actual prices for these units... I am having no luck in my searching.

Thanks,

Todd
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Sure sounds like you got good use out of your current units. The new ones will be much more efficient. Your quotes would be a fair price in my area. Prices do differ much from region to region. More important than price is the installation. If you are dealing with someone you can trust and does quality work would rank more than the price.
    toddbrazer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the advice... I really appreciate it...

Todd

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman 4 ton HP [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 4 ton HP CPJ60-1. Outside unit was coming on but the inside blower motor did not come on. Now the outside unit does not come on at all in either mode. Where should I look?

4 ton or 5 ton unit for 1780 sq ft home [ 2 Answers ]

I was woundering which unit would be more efficient for cooling home in Tucson Az? I have a 1780 sq ft home, included is an addition of @ 280 sq ft that has no duct work for vents. Home is a made of brick with the exception of the addition, I also just had dual pane windows installed and home is...

45yr old 5-ton unit - Does anything compare? [ 7 Answers ]

Sorry for the length, but grandpa has a history, I need valid opinions please. I purchased my 2500sq ft single story ranch style (rectangle, porch on the front & back) home in 1990 under $100k. The house was built in 1962, everything in it was original and in great working condition including...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

'90 Chevy 1/2 Ton Timing Adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct degree for the timing on a 1990 Chevy K-Series 1/2ton p/u with 5.7L (4WD, automatic) and is there anything special I should know about setting this? How do I stop the advance to set the timing? Thanks.

View more questions Search