Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madagm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Convert to SATA cable from old
    I have a HP Presario and it crashed. I bought a new hard drive for it but it is a SATA cable. My computer has the SATA 1 and SATA 2 slots so I plugged it in SATA 1 but the computer can not read the hard drive. Is there a way to tell the computer that it shouldn't look on the main anymore but at SATA 1 instead? Thanks in advance for anyone's help or advice.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
    You may have to enable the SATA ports within the BIOS.
    Qualtero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Hi;
    You can look up your bios, usually you might find a point that allows you to select your boot-drive!
    Regs Q

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SATA To IDE.. Cable problem? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have just bought a new computer and want to use my existing hdd as a slave to the new hdd. The problem is that the new mboard are SATA connectors and there is no ide Pin/plug thingy on the back of the new hdd. This makes me think I have to run the new hdd as pirmary master and the old...

SATA Raid not responding [ 1 Answers ]

Please, I had to re-install WinXp home SP2(due to conlfict with CA security suite) OS WinXP home SP2, mobo MSI K8N neo4, graphics Radeon(ATI)RX 800, processor AMD Athlon 64 2.2Ghz, 2 gig RAM,sound Audigy ZS, CD-ROM(Aopen) and CD-DVD(Sony) Note: SATA Raid controls A:/, D:/ and E:/ both not...

Sata Drive won't work [ 10 Answers ]

I can't get my Western Digital 200 gig sata to work, I have an Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe Mobo, which has 2 sata connectors on board, the manual is of no use. I want this Drive as a backup to my main IDE drive or which I have 2 on IDE. I try pluggin the Sata into both connectors, it won't get...

Sata problems [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer system: sapphire pure crossfire advantage mobo AMD athlon 3800+ skt939 radeon X850XT PE Maxtor 250gb sata hdd The problem I am having is that I can't install windows onto the sats hdd. When I get to the windows XP install screen it says that "windows cannot be...

Sata Raid [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for a laymans explanation of SATA RAID and why it would be good to have in a Hi end DAW PC. Thanks Stu

View more questions Search