Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayuyu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 04:03 AM
    My girl
    My girl aged 11 was raped by her father.we are both traumatised and don't know where or who to turn to legaly.will these affect her in her future life or her learning?please helpme
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 13, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Get the father arrested; bring formal charges of rape. There is a very small chance that this will not affect her. This event happening to a child usually does end up affecting them for a good portion, if not, the rest of their lives.

XenoSapien
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 13, 2007, 04:58 AM
    If you haven't already, report him to the police. Straight away. They will put you and your daughter in touch with the right organisations to get the counselling and support you both need, and help you come to terms with this awful thing. And of course prosecute him, that goe without saying.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Your daughter has undergone a horrific trauma that will require years of therapy to set even partially straight. Stick the authorities on your husband. COntact every agency you can possibly think of (the police, the DA's office, Child Protective Services [if she's not in your custody ; be careful on this one if she is], etc.) until he is arrested, in cuffs and behind bars. Then do everything in your power to help the prosecutor's case to get him put away from the maximum possible amount of time.
    HeavyHeart Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Love her like there is no tomorrow, I have seen many children who have been the victims of this crime. Make sure that after you have your ex arrested that a program is in place with children's protective services to ensure he will "Never" be allowed visitations that are not supervised through CPS, at their offices. Finally, get counseling asap. You both will need it. AND... make sure you don't involve any other men in your daughters life for an extended period, she needs time to heal and doesn't need to be subjected to any potential harm in the meantime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

What Does A Girl Want? [ 9 Answers ]

Topic Asks All

Little girl and EX GIRL [ 1 Answers ]

There is This 12 Yr Old Girl That Likes Me A lot And I A 14 Year Old Like Her A Little But The Problem Is That Me And My Ex Are Thinking About Getting Back Together And I Don't Want to Hurt This Girls Feelings Also I Just Want to Wait To See Were I Go With My Ex?:(

To be a girl [ 4 Answers ]

I am a boy, 28 years old, I like to live like Girls, apparently. May you guide me step by step to convert into a girl?

View more questions Search