Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caseyhawk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Medical bill garnishment
    If a creditor demands 500.00 dollars per month on medical bills, and I can only afford to pay 100.00 per month, can they sue me or garnish my wages if they continue to cash the check I mail them each month?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Nope
    cbax31 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I am pretty sure that once they cashed the check for $100 that is considered acceptance of payment terms.. they can't come back and say its $500 now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons for medical bill collection [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you in advance for any help offered. Here is the situation. A medical bill has been put in collections from a group of NICU doctors that were out of network (insurance). The insurance company worked out a deal with the doctors based on some in network prices. I am being billed for the...

Medical bill [ 4 Answers ]

Hi When a medical provider tells you its OK to send 50.00 dollars a month on a balance that is 500.00 dollars do I need to get this in writing ? 50 a month is just about all I can afford to send The lady in billing set up the payments and I was just wondering should I get this in writing I...

Medical Bill Dispute [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the emergency room in great pain and told every person I met what I needed. I had had a tummy tuck in Costa Rico and my tummy was so full of fluid I could barely walk. My tummy needed to be drained. When I finally saw the doctor, she said," We don't do that." She gave me a referral to an...

Medical bill [ 13 Answers ]

How do I take care of a medical bill after its been garnished through the courts and do not have the money to pay it

Garnishment of bank account for payment of medical bill [ 6 Answers ]

A creditor has won a judgement against me in court for a past due medical bill, and my checking account was garnished and consequently overdrawn. The debt was not completely discharged. I have just filed for SS disability, and have no income and don't expect to have any soon. My family has...

View more questions Search