Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breezn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O
    Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an existing 4" Y with a capped 2" PVC stubb at 56" off floor. I would like to situate the washer about 16 ft away and tie into the existing Y at 56". All plumbing is PVC. My questions are:

What is the required run/rise for this 16' distance.( 2 45's in it also
    Do you think Washer will lift the H2o after adding 56" and rise required?
    Do I need a P trap?
    Do I need to Vent?
    Will a veri-vent work?
    What are thoughts of letting washer dump into lift ( I'm not a professional but it sounds like a high volume of water for the lift and would rather let gravity do the work)

Appreciate the help.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Jul 13, 2007, 09:54 PM
    I am pretty sure it can pump that distance. The problem will be when the pump stops the water left in the drain line flows back into the tub. With a normal short drain line its not enough water to be visiable see but with one that long the water might rise up into the spin basket. A check valve might stop that from happening but would require maintenance to keep it clean and working properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

After 15 years my washing machine drain suddenly started running over (backing up). I have used drain cleaning solutions to no avail. The vent is about 10 feet away and is shared with the kitchen sink with no problems with draining. What could cause this sudden problem?

Washing machine drain [ 5 Answers ]

The washing machine drain backs up and overflows. I replaced the washing machine drain pump thinking it may have been weak. Did not help. The drain starts at the kitchen sink then straight to the main where the washing machine y ties in. Sometimes if a sink full of water is released from kitchen it...

Washing Machine Drain [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a top-loading washer that drains into a utility sink, which I understand to be permitted by code. I was wondering if there is a permissible way to drain the washer under the utility sink (perhaps by having the washer discharge hose connect to the sink drain or by having a washer...

Washing machine Drain? [ 1 Answers ]

:( To whom it may concern; I am trying to help a friend that lives in New Jersey while I'm here for some time on business in Florida. I will be at her house over Thanksgiving and I want to take care of a problem she is having with her washer while I'm there. She purchased a top loading Maytag...

View more questions Search