Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howienineball Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Which car does she need?
    My daughter is an RN and a single mom . She drives 100 miles per day round trip to and from work. She has a 2002 Ford Escape which has been a nightmare. She wants either a
    Toyota a Honda or a Suburu. Any of you have any thoughts or experiences.
    Thanks----Howie
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I've had very good luck with Toyotas. But, I'm also an experienced Toyota tech (a little prejudice) The last one we had my wife bought new we kept for seventeen years. I got rid of it because I was tired of looking at it! Honda's are good, too, but I've seen more posts here than I ever saw as a tech in the field.
    lacibennett Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 07:19 PM
    I've got a Ford Focus and it's great on gas! I would say either Ford Focus, toyota, or honda as well... they run forever (keep the oil changed on time) and great on gas.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Let's say you had a bucket of money. It will take 80% of that money to get your car. The last 20% is set aside to budget for periodic maintenance to stretch the next 10yrs.
    There is no more money available for car expenses. Now, what kind of car comes to mind first from what word of mouth has told you?
    ... See? You didn't even need to ask. :D
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 12, 2007, 08:41 PM
    No Subaru. Hondas are good, and Toyotas are good. I prefer Honda. I owned three over the years. Never had mechanical problems with them.
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Jul 12, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Toyotas will get you anywhere without a problem, but we did just buy a new honda civic ex which is great too. All wheel drive subarus eat gas like crazy. Are you buying new or used?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car battery or car generator [ 4 Answers ]

How do you tell if you need a new generator or battery? t-you

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Car accident while friend is in the car [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about what the case would be if I got into a car accident, mine or another drivers fault, with a friend in the car that is mine but in my Mother's name. I have been reading a little bit into insurance, I think I understand how it would work and come into play a little bit. What...

New car vs. Used car interst [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, Is there a set limit of interest that can be charged to a new car loan for a first time buyer with a not so good credit rating living in New Jersey. If in the event there is do you know of a link that will back it up so I can research it,

View more questions Search