Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teenee Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Girl in serious need ,wats wrong with me?
    Hi... I use to my period every month... a year ago I started to get it every 2nd month... the doctor said it was because of stress.. NOW the last time I got my period was feb 11 2007 and it is now July 12 2007... whats wrong with me? I am afraid to go to the doctor I don't want it to be anything serious... can someone please help?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
    You don't mention your age or if you are on any birth control. These are 2 very important facts.

Now, we can speculate all we want, but it is only your doctor that can make a proper diagnosis through a complete history and examination.

Jul 12, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You don't mention your age or if you are on any birth control. These are 2 very important facts.

Now, we can speculate all we want, but it is only your doctor that can make a proper diagnosis through a complete history and examination.
    I am 21 and no I've never been on birth control:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Are you sexually active?

Jul 12, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    are you sexually active?

Yes and I've been to the doctors in Januaryand had a physical done and she said I was fine a healthy
    RBour Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
    It's called amenorrhea (not sure on the spelling) but look it up. I know how it feels, I'm 24 and only had one period the past year! Doc's don't really know why yet, my body just doesn't make a certain hormone anymore for some reason. The woman's body is a very very complex thing. Go to your doctor and they can do blood tests. They'll want to rule out thyroid problems, and a few other things. Maybe you should try going on the pill to regulate you... especially if you are sexually active.

Jul 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RBour
    It's called amenorrhea (not sure on the spelling) but look it up. I know how it feels, I'm 24 and only had one period the past year! Doc's don't really know why yet, my body just doesn't make a certain hormone anymore for some reason. The womans body is a very very complex thing. Go to your doctor and they can do blood tests. They'll want to rule out thyroid problems, and a few other things. Maybe you should try going on the pill to regulate you ... especially if you are sexually active.

Does that make you infertile?. because I really want a lot of kids :confused: :(
    braindeadsue Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teenee
    Hi.... i use to my period every month...a year ago i started to get it every 2nd month....the doctor said it was because of stress..NOW the last time i got my period was feb 11 2007 and it is now july 12 2007....whats wrong with me? i am afraid to go to the doctor i dont want it to be anything serious.....can someone please help?
    I know your scared to go to a professional, especially about something that can be a great point of additional stress for an unanswered worry that occupies your piece of mind, yet it is necessary for your future happiness and perhaps health, to go to a doctor that you trust and can ease your mind. Ask to find an a good doctor in your area, and tell him/her your concerns, for the truth will help you, not hurt you, to live your life to the fullest, and feel good about yourself and your future. Best wishes.
    braindeadsue Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Good for you. I hope the doctor can put your mind at rest and help you understand what is happening so you can feel better about yourself. :)
    RBour Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Not sure... I've been trying to have a child for over a year with no luck, but I'm sure our problems are different. There is always hope, and there are a ton of ways to get pregnant. There is a pill called chlomid that will help you ovulate, and there are injections, and other stuff. Hang in there.. it's a difficult road trust me.. but you're still very young.
    Balloons33 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
    I am twenty and I only have about 5 or 6 periods a year, and when they come they are light but my Emotions go crazy. I never really knew what was wong with me either.. the doctors didn't know what to tell me except to regulate it on the pill. It worked, but now I am off the pill and I rarely have a period again. I don't know how to help, but just know you're not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doing dip... wats the best [ 4 Answers ]

Pretrty self explanatory I like to do skoal cherry and apple and other really good ones that are worth it??

Right Girl Wrong time [ 9 Answers ]

Hi All Recently started dating a guy about 3 months ago. I wouldn't call him a boyfriend or anything. However, I have fallen for him big style and we have continued to see each other from time to time. The only problem is that it is usually Alcohol related. I have told him that I would like to...

Is dating a girl wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have always been the crazy type to try everything at least once I have been with girls before but nothing serious. I currently have two kids and have been in bad relationships nothing abusive but just not happy ones. Lately I have really been thinking about this girl I know or just...

Wats Wrong With Me? [ 6 Answers ]

It been 2 and a half year that I have been trying to get pregnant with my husband. No doctors can find out with wrong with me. Their opinion was that might has to do with " Imbalnce hormones". As of today I haven't had my period for 7 months. All pregnancy test were negative.:confused: I would get...

View more questions Search