Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klkoepfler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice)
    In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2007, 12:53 PM
    On a month to month lease the rule is generally that notice of one full rental period is necessary for temination by either party. So if the rental period is a calendar month, you can't give 30 days on 7/15 and terminate on 8/15.

A security deposit is used to secure against damage to the property. It MAY be used for unpaid rental in many states. But its not automatically forfeited if insufficient notice is given.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Yes, a calender month notice is normal notice The people renting are expect to pay for this notice, if they fail to do so, the money can be held out of the deposit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

CA - lease ends, becomes month-to-month with no contract? [ 4 Answers ]

I signed a lease that expired on March 31, 2007 that says: 30. Expiration, Tenancy From Month To Month: Upon expiration of the Term of this Lease, but not upon the earlier termination hereof, this Lease shall continue as a tenancy from month to month unless either Landlord or Resident gives...

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search