Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zooker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2005, 08:39 PM
    DVD & CD 's can't read correctly!
    On Both my cdrom and my dvd, if I have a Disk in the drive and Type DIR & read that disk, then remove the disk. Then put a totally different disk in the same Drive. Then Type dir and Try to read the Drive it will Display the Dir of the CD that I have Just removed. I have to reboot my machine to be able to correctly read the disk. It does the same thing if I use windows explorer also. This is driving me crazy. Why is this happening, better yet - How can I stop this and read my drives correctly?
    pradeepsusarla Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 07:09 AM
    Hi, you haven't mentioned your OS and CPU configuration.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2005, 03:37 AM
    Reading CD's
    Hi,
    Instead of using DIR; try this:
    From the desktop, left double-click on My Computer, to open it.
    Then, if your CD is in D: Drive, Right click on the D: Drive, Left click on Open.
    You should be able to read all the files.
    Then, take out the CD, give it a few seconds, and insert a different CD, and give it a few seconds for the light on the computer drive to stop flashing.
    It should show you the new files, doing the above again.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer overflows is pvc set up correctly? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi occasionally we will have an overflow from the pvc pipe going to the septic tank. This occurs when we flush the toilet. How are the pvc pipes supposed to be set up? Would it help if I moved the washer upstairs it is in the basement located 1 foot from the septic tank lead in area from basement?...

Heater won't come on correctly. [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the Auto feature on the heater it won't come on but when I put it on Fan it runs just fine. What's causing this?

CD & DVD will not read Correctly! [ 1 Answers ]

On Both my cdrom and my dvd, if I have a Disk in the drive and Type DIR & read that disk, then remove the disk. Then put a totally different disk in the same Drive. Then Type dir and Try to read the Drive it will Display the Dir of the CD that I have Just removed. I have to reboot my machine to...

Date not displaying correctly [ 1 Answers ]

OK has anyone ever experience this problem? When a record is saved in an Access database, the date is saved a 2/3/2004 (Feb.03/2004) which is correct. However, when it is displayed, using Format(RSQRY("CheckInDate"), "DD-MMM-YYYY"), it display 02-MAR-2004. Anyone ever experience this?

View more questions Search