Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 11, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Bleeding Gums
    Hello all,

I am having issues with my gums - more specifically the gums on the bottom of my mouth. When I brush, they bleed.

My routine - I brush twice daily with an electric tooth brush, I floss and then rinse with a mouth wash. My gums continue to bleed, and at the moment they are so bad along the bottom that when I touch them they will bleed.

It had been about 12 months since my last visit to the dentist, and I am 23 years old with minimum cavities in the past.

Any suggestions on what to do, how serious this problem is to the long-term health of my teeth... I kind of like having them around!

Also - I do enjoy coffee and red wine, so my teeth are a little discoloured - any suggestions on what to do about this as alternatives to chemical whitening, or stopping with the wine and coffee?

Thank you for your help in advance =)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 07:14 PM
    I'd suggest you see your dental hygienist for a thorough cleaning. You could try brushing with a toothpaste containing tea tree oil or massage some baking soda around the teeth where the bleeding occurs. If you feel any roughness when you floss between your teeth there could be tartar that needs to be removed, see your hygienist!
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Ask your dentist about this. It could also be a problem that needs to be addressed. Or it may just be weak gums. Schedule a appointment with your dentist as soon as possible. Every six months is the best way to check up on your dental hygiene and if your mouth is healthy. Hope this helps.
    wall12 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Usually gums start bleeding due to a lack of flossing. But if you do floss regularly, then there must be some other reason. My suggestion is to go to the dentist!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cyst on my gums [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I noticed that my gums were feeling kind of "mushy" for lack of better term. By Sunday night to the left of my front tooth my gums were extremely red, and there was a visible bump. Monday morning the "bump" was big enough that I can feel it past the base of my nose and as wide as the...

Brown Gums? Is there no hope? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an african american girl and my gums have turned dark in a few areas around the gumline because I was a smoker. Now that I have quit I am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore them to a healthy pink color or am I doomed to have dark gum spots forever? I never heard of gum...

Sore gums [ 2 Answers ]

After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?

Sore Gums [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I had my tooth extracted everything was fine I tried not to eat on that side of my mouth. Then this Saturdays I brushed my teeth and I must of brushed to hard cause the area where the tooth was extracted from bleed a little on my tooth brush since then my tooth as not stop...

Painful gums [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if I have gengevitis? I have a sore in my upper right gum and its really red all around it and it hurts no matter what I'm doing, also the tooth under the sore hurts really bad?

View more questions Search