Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hobbit418 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Wedding gift for neighbor
    We were invited to our neighbors wedding this week. The wedding is less then 2 weeks away. We are going, but my question is... what is an appropriate gift? These are neighbors that live a few doors down and that we have only had a few casual conversations with over that past 4 years we've lived here. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Wedding gifts... what to get, how much to spend... what a nightmare!

I would suggest that for me personally, not having a close relationship with the couple, but still being invited to the wedding - and I would assume reception, you should buy something that is going to at least match the expense that they have gone through for your two meals...

Things like crockery and linen are always good, but one thing that I always think is Napery - nobody seems to have nice napery anymore - so what about a nice 8 piece napery set complete with rings?

Alternatively, what about tickets to something? I always think it is nice to DO something, rather than GIVE something... do they enjoy the theatre, and is there anything available at present, or is it even close enough for them to enjoy?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 06:14 PM
    One of the best gifts that we got for our wedding was from a couple friend of my mom's whom did not know my husband and I very well.

They gave us gift certificates to Bed and Breakfast Inn's in the New England States. We have like 50 different Inn's to chose from. It is like a chance to go on a honeymoon all over again. Just a thought... FYI I think you can find them on line.
    Hobbit418 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 12, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Thanks for you suggestions.. I actually found a moonlit canoe trip for 2 on the charles river (Boston) for $80.. I thought that was reasonable and fun
    padmapatak Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 10:55 PM
    A kitchen item would be ideal, as they would use it after their wedding
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jan 29, 2011, 03:48 PM
    It sounds like you should give a gift, but one that's not too personal.Maybe a gift that will be a good way to start a friendship. So I would go with something nice, just not over the top expensive. I always had good luck finding gifts online. If you are looking for wedding gifts they give you a lot of good ideas you may have not even of thought of.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

Anoying neighbor [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a condo about 3 weeks ago and the neighbor upstairs keeps calling me and dropping by unannounced. In fact she rang my doorbell at 4:00 this morning. I get up very early and work about 10 hours a day - how can I stop her from bothering me?

Monetary wedding gift ettiquette [ 2 Answers ]

I have aweeding to attend next week and in the invitation the bride and groom have requested money as the wedding gifts because they are going to live with her parents. The wedding is going to take place in a country club with dinner served. What is the correct amount to give?

Wedding Gift Registry [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, My fiancée and I are in a bit of a quandary. We are to be married in 6 months and have already gotten plenty of prompting from friends and family to register. We have obliged, now, by going and registering at two different companies. However, with both sites, we have about 60 items...

View more questions Search