Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    580331 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
    1992 honda accord new timing belt
    1992 honda accord, just changed timing belt because it broke. Installed it by the book car still runs like crap. New cap and rotor,spark plugs, muffler, battery, idle air control valve. Car seems to have NO power. 0 to 60 seems like 5 minutes. Car only has 87k original miles. In addition the while car is in neutral (P) the D4 light blinks on the gear position indicator?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
    . Perform compression check on each cylinder. That should tell you whether any damage was done when the belt broke.

. 1992 Accords, with automatic transmissions, are known to have problematic Transmission Control Modules (TCMs). Capacitors leak and cause other resistors to blow. Honda has an improved TCM available. Your symptoms sound characteristic of this problem. Further testing will likely confirm the TCM needs replacing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 accord... timing belt... you geussed it! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Accord ex. I am replacing a "broken" timiing belt. Everything is off except for harmonic balancer pulley bolt. I have heard that when a belt breaks there is more to do than simply follow the manual to install new belt. I am 95% sure the head is not damaged. My main question is:...

Accord EX Timing Belt [ 1 Answers ]

Eh. I got a honda accord ex 91. It's at 200,000 miles now the last time the belt was changed two years ago of 2003 and I don't know how many miles it was changed at. Do I need to change it anytime soon? Can I keep driving and be fine ?

93 Honda Accord - water pump/timing belt [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever replaced these in this car? I was hoping to get a detailed "how to" on this repair. I've worked on cars before (94 Maxima, 96 Integra, 98 Explorer) and usually I have done it through "how to's" that I have found online. Can someone send me a detailed how to on this repair,...

Honda Accord 92 timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I bought Honda Accord 92 from Carmax at 68,000 miles. It is now 102,000 miles. Is the timing belt due at this time. I am not sure if the previous owner changed the timing belt or not. Thanks Jay

View more questions Search