Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Is there a stone IN my foot?
    I was playing basketball today in my driveway, and I ran to get the ball. I stepped on what felt like a little stone on the way, and it REALLY hurt. I sat down right where I was to look at it, and I saw a little blood on the surface and this pea-sized reddish-black circle on the bottom of my foot where the stone had felt like it had made contact with my foot. At first I thought it was a bruise, but when I went to wipe it off and look it closer, I started thinking it was the actual stone INSIDE my foot. I'm really scared. My mom thinks it is either the stone stuck under my skin or just a blood clot caused by the sharp penetration of the stone. She suggests I squeeze around the area to see if "it" will pop out, but I'm extremely scared, and I'm not sure if it's actually the stone. If it is, wouldn't squeezing it push it in furthur? If the stone was in my foot, would it cause any damage if I just left it? Would it go away on it's own? I'm really afraid to tamper with it, though. I won't even let my mom so much as brush it with her fingertip. I tried walking on it, and it doesn't really cause a sharp, stabbing pain, but more of a feeling of something under my skin just being stepped on. It hurts, though, and I'm scared. Someone please help me!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:50 PM
    I think it is just a small cut and bruised blood caught the skin. I am sure if the actual stone was under your skin it would be too p[ainful to walk. Just make sure you clean it well. I think it will be OK.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
    If the stone was in your foot, you would likely be able to tell simply by feeling the area. It's most likely just blood.
    kimmyj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgal
    I was playing basketball today in my driveway, and I ran to get the ball. I stepped on what felt like a little stone on the way, and it REALLY hurt. I sat down right where I was to look at it, and I saw alittle blood on the surface and this pea-sized reddish-black circle on the bottom of my foot where the stone had felt like it had made contact with my foot. At first I thought it was a bruise, but when I went to wipe it off and look it closer, I started thinking it was the actual stone INSIDE my foot. I'm really scared. My mom thinks it is either the stone stuck under my skin or just a blood clot caused by the sharp penetration of the stone. She suggests I squeeze around the area to see if "it" will pop out, but I'm extremely scared, and I'm not sure if it's actually the stone. If it is, wouldn't squeezing it push it in furthur? If the stone was in my foot, would it cause any damage if I just left it? Would it go away on it's own? I'm really afraid to tamper with it, though. I won't even let my mom so much as brush it with her fingertip. I tried walking on it, and it doesn't really cause a sharp, stabbing pain, but more of a feeling of something under my skin just being stepped on. It hurts, though, and I'm scared. Someone please help me!
    I had something similar happen. I stepped on glass, and pulled it out myself. My foot healed and it still felt like there was something in there. I went to a podiatrist and had an x-ray and there was in fact still glass in my foot. I had surgery to have it removed, because it was causing me pain when I walked. The doc said that people go around with all sorts of foreign objects in their bodies and are fine. He told me the glass MIGHT work itself out, buy it might not. It was my choice if I wanted the surgery. There was a possibility of infection, so I had it removed.
    ledle224 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I have a little thing exactly like that and I don't know if itt is a blood blister or a stone
    sophiereeves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 12:10 PM
    I have 3 things on my foot which looks like veruccas but I'm not sure if it's a stone cause ages ago I stepped on a stone and my foot was bleading but I'm not sure and I don't want surgery I'm scared:'(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 Stone 8 Pound [ 17 Answers ]

Hi , I'm nearly 15 years old and I weigh 10 stone and 8 pounds I would really love to get back down to about 9 stone is there anyway I could do that? :(

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

Get to 10 stone by June? [ 1 Answers ]

:( OK I am 13 and I weigh 12stone :( I am 5'7''-5'8'' and I feel fat , I like this guy but I don't know if he thinks of me that way because of my weight. I want to look like the rest of the pretty girls in my class but I don't how do I get slimmer in a healthy way without being sick after meals...

Anchoring to stone [ 4 Answers ]

I live on the water and need to anchor a wood platform to large stones on the shore. Does anyone know how to go about anchoring into stone?

View more questions Search