Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CFarrish822 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2005, 11:10 AM
    Seeing things
    Hello, I'm new to this site, so hopefully my answer will be fulfilled. My daughter lately this past week will out of the blue say that a man touched her. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. We asked her a series of questions, was it daddy, was in uncle so and so, we went down the list of males she has been around and everyone of them we ask she says no. Last night I was giving her a bath and she was laughing and playing and all of a sudden she looks up at me and says the man, mommy. The man touched me as if it just happened to her. I don't know what to think. All the movies she has seen does not appear to be influencing this reaction to my daughter. She is 2 1/2 and everyone she is around loves her I my daughter is old and young enough to know the difference between telling stories and lying so obviously when I ask her questions and she refuses give me an answer who ever is touching her has told her to not tell. I don't know what to do or think, please help!
    CF
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jul 11, 2005, 05:00 PM
    Movies
    Hello CF, this post sent chills down my spine because I have 2 young children under 2(1 will be 2 next month). One thing that jumped out at me was when you said "Last night I was giving her a bath and she was laughing and playing and all of a sudden she looks up at me and says the man, mommy. The man touched me as if it just happened to her." You mentioned that it doesn't appear to be any movies she has seen. Don't think I am criticizing or judging, I want to help you get to the bottom of this, but are you sure she has not caught any movies or even blurbs of movies on the TV? The reason why I mentioned it, is because lately the kind of things that pop on the TV even scare my wife and I (mainly my wife). They come on so quickly that you don't even realize it. You may want to watch any other changes in her and post them as you see them so others may have some ideas. This may be just her imagination or something simple but it is definitely not something to take lightly, but I wouldn't let this run your life either. I would watch how she reacts around certain males (or even females) that you both are around. I would even watch the reactions of the people that are around her. I don't respon to many of these because sometimes I might way off but I always trust a mothers instinct. I hope things work out. God Bless!
    CFarrish822 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 01:20 PM
    Seeing things
    No, it's nothing she has watched on t.v. Not even a glymse. I am very careful of what she watches because she is a very smart little girl and picks up on EVERYTHING. She only watches Disney movies and Ice Age and Nemo. I have sat and watched all of her movies and none of them lead to her saying "A man touched me." I took her to her pediatrician this morning. He is stumped too. He wants me to take her to a psychiatrist so we are working on the details for that, however do you think she might be seeing ghosts? Do you think that is possible?
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jul 12, 2005, 04:00 PM
    Not sure
    I don't want to say for sure. Yes, it is a possibility. "They" say children pick up onthese things more. I am not a professional nor do I pretend to be. I don't want to come against the doctors in any way, however, if you would like to post any more about this as it is happening, feel free to and I will give my honest opinion. Since you are positive it wasn't TV then I would be really observant to her and the way she acts (changes of behavior, esp). One thing I would recommend is not to leave her alone with any man (except daddy, of course) until this has been resolved. Better be safe than sorry. If it offends anyone, just tell them it would be for everyone's good for now, or something to that effect. I hope this helps.
    bertahead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2006, 12:24 AM
    I automatically thought ghosts. Only because I believe in them. My son used to bring up my deceased uncle every now and then and tell me all this stuff his Uncle Rupert told him. Stuff that he couldn't have known. I thought it was sooo cool. I wrote down his conversations. Anyway, As far as your daughter, don't over react next time she says something like that. Just be all calm and say, "oh really, has he been coming around lately...what color is his shirt...etc. " but calmly ask her, like you're just making conversation. Once she sees that you don't get all frantic, she'll open up. But ask her questions that she'll understand.
    That's what I did with my son, and he just chatted away about his "conversation". But it was weird because he told me that his "grampa is in heaven and he's cooking because he loves it" His Grampa died when I was 5 years old. He couldn't have possibly known that he used to looooove to cook. I don't remember even talking about him around him. But he knew some pretty odd details about things he was too young to know. He was only 3 at the time.
    Anyway, I hope this helps.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2006, 01:29 AM
    Spirits.

Children are more attuned and open minded. It could be a guardian angel. It could be a spirit. Just remember there will be no harm. Do not need to get all worked up about it. Just have an open ear to your child. Do not react badly when she starts talking about it or your child will not open up. If you show fear then eventually your child will have fear about the experience. Please do not do that to the child. This is your chance to open up as well and see the world, both worlds through a child eyes which is the most unique experience.

Joe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2006, 07:13 AM
    We have lived with invisible friends, ( some not really nice invisible ones)
    We have had to ban some of these from our house.

Of course at times if something happened in her bath two months earlier, the memory could come back fresh like it just happened also.

If this was one of my church members coming to me,I would tell them to take them first to a medical doctor to be sure that no one "touched" her in such a way that it could be seen medically. And next let her talk to someone in child mental health. They allow the child ( instead of questioning them) play it out with dolls or coloring very often.
    brianna_s Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2011, 11:40 AM
    That is answer is complex. A lot of people will tell you a lot of strange things. But here are a few steps for you to follow. First take her to a medical doctor to see if she has been "touched" in anyway. Next find out how often she sees this "man" and ask her to show you how she was touched. This is give a lot of insight. Look at pictures together of people that she knows and see how she reacts. This will give you insight.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2011, 12:15 PM

Take your child to her pediatritian and have an exam done to see if she has been touched or hurt in someway. Then your next step is to see a psychologist and find out what is going on.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 13, 2011, 03:44 PM

This is a 5 yr old thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to keep things fresh [ 2 Answers ]

Basically just want to ask for any suggestions on keepings things fresh, lively, etc. ina relationship. You can't always rely on dinner and a movie or hanging out at a bar and stuff so I was just asking what are some other things that can be done as an activity or excuse to just hang out with your...

I want to try a few new things [ 6 Answers ]

I don't really know what I want or where I belong so I have decieded that I'm going to try a few things to see what I really like and see if I can find who I really am so the first thing that I have decided to try is modeling I want to model for like hollister or something but I'm just not quite...

Fun Things [ 1 Answers ]

Well dating is tough and it gets tougher to keep things interesting after 2 years! What are some fun things(activities) to do to re-connect or just to fire things up in a relationship?

Where things are going [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting to a friend today and the comment was made that "most people after 3 years know where the relationship is going". Was just wondering how true that really is? And does it really matter?

View more questions Search