Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alonline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Doctors additional billing after collecting from medex and medicare
    I have two insurances -- Medex and Medicare. My doctor collected what was allowed by both insurance and now sent me an additional bill. Am I obligated to pay the extra charge?
    alonline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
    My doctor collected from both of my insurance - MedX and Medicare - and now sent me an additional bill of $60. Am I obligated to pay the additional charges?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
    It all depends, normally on medicare the doctor is allowed to bill 20 percent more than the medicare allowable. So if your medex did not pay all of the remaining 20 percent then yes you will owe it.

Also there may have been some test or some fee that is not covered by medicare if that is the case you would owe for it also.

And of course if you have not meet all of your medicare deductables for the year you will owe for it also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical billing [ 3 Answers ]

I was convicted of a theft by deception felony 3 years ago. I am currently in school for medical billing and coding, I just want to know if I should even bother going. Would I be able to find a job with this felony on my record?

Ever get tired of collecting what you have been collecting? [ 14 Answers ]

I know a lot of people with collections, from baseball cards, bunnies, pins, hats and so on. Well my question is, does anyone ever just completely stop collecting what they have been collecting for many years cause they are bored of it? I collect chickens and roosters, around 200 or so now. They...

Purchase Billing Law [ 2 Answers ]

This is a bit of an odd scenario. I just received an invoice from a company I made a small purchase from 2 years ago stating that I owe the amount of my purchase. I called them, unable to figure out why I was being billed, but they claim they tried to charge my card which had since expired. It...

Overdue billing [ 3 Answers ]

I ordered dishes with a no payment for five months option. I received the bill about Jan. 20, the day before it was due. I phoned and said it would be late, since I just got the bill. It took 3 weeks to get to me. They said there would be a charge ($35) for being overdue. Should I be held...

View more questions Search