Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwnodes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Taxes importing from Canada to US
    I have a company that wants to manufacture my product in Canada, then ship back into the US. What taxes or duties will I have to pay to cross the border with this product?
    Average cost of each product is $120,000 Ca.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 01:48 PM
    What is the product? Customs duties depend on the type of goods
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
    For most high tech items such as this there is no duty you would simply have to pay sales tax on the item. Have the purchaser ask their customs broker but generally machines and electronics are duty free items.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Importing Products [ 12 Answers ]

Has anybody ever imported anything? If so can you please tell me how to get started. I've been to the US Customs site and it is nothing but confusing. It's like they don't want you to figure it out. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. :confused:

Importing from China [ 2 Answers ]

Hai All, I am new to this site and I am in a confused state. I want to import goods from China to India for our company purposes. I am unable to claculate the Shipping charges that need to paid while importing. Please help me in matter. Will there be any other charges. Regards, Pavan

Importing goods [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone here knows the process of importing goods into the US. I have a contact in the Philippines to supply the goods I am selling. I know that typically a business would need to find a customs broker and purchase customs bonds and pay duties/taxes on the imported goods, however,...

Tax to importing money to canada [ 2 Answers ]

Hello dear I want to transfer money to my saving account to canada ,shall I pay tax for it &how much?

View more questions Search