Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnswerMePlease8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Would this be illegal?
    Would it be illegal if a 29 year old man had sex with a 17 year old girl in Maine?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Since the age of consent in Maine is 16, it is therefore NOT illegal for a 29 year old to have sex with a 17 year old.

Jul 11, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I wasn't sure if there was some sort of four year rule until the person is eighteen or something.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AnswerMePlease8
    I wasn't sure if there was some sort of four year rule until the person is eighteen or something.
    No.

The 4 year rule applies only if the person is 14 of 15 years old. Since she is 17, above 16, there is no limit on what age of a person can have sex with her.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Generally, yes. It depends on what the laws of Maine specify.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Illegal , probably not, correct thing to do, nope. I say there has to be something wrong with this man that he can not relate to females his own age.

Jul 15, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    illegal , probably not, correct thing to do, nope. I say there has to be something wrong with this man that he can not relate to females his own age.
    The correct thing to do is an opinion, and it's the other way around. I cannot relate to people my age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 08:26 AM
    If you are 29 and can not deal with people your age, and are at the emotional level of a 17 year old, you need to get some serious counseling.

A grown man wanting to be with a child is just to the point of being sick.
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 15, 2007, 08:29 PM
    I have to agree.

When I was 17 I went out with a 26 year old man and it emotionally scarred me for life - and still does. At 26 / 29, these people are grown men who use their image as an adult to influence us, as children at the age of 17. We think we know what we are doing, we think we are mature enough to make our own decisions, but for me, it ended in heartache, broken relationships and friendships and devastated aftermath of personal emotional destruction. I hated myself for a very long time for being so stupid...
    FallenAngel3000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
    What the, 17 isn't a child anymore. In my old Country an Adult dating a 15 isn't frown uppon.

I think it is this American mentality that brainwash people that make them think it is sick. Yes relation don't work out sometime but it has nothing to do with age. I could have dated someone twice my age which was my soul mate, but with those stupid mentality it made impossible.

It is time for people to not treat teens like kids. :(
    FallenAngel3000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 16, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel3000
    What the, 17 isn't a child anymore. In my old Country an Adult dating a 15 isn't frown uppon.

I think it is this American mentality that brainwash people that make them think it is sick. Yes relation don't work out sometime but it has nothing to do with age. I could have dated someone twice my age which was my soul mate, but with those stupid mentality it made impossible.

It is time for people to not treat teens like kids. :(

There are prouf both sides of it. But the society stigma makes it hard for teens.
    hossbonnam Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Dec 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Don't leave Maine when you do it.

Didn't I see you on NBC Dateline with Chris Hanson getting arrested... LOL

I always used a 20% age diffrence ratio rule for dating only. This is a safe ratio to keep people from calling you a sicko. That would put you with a lovely intelligent 23 year old right now.
    HemiPower Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Perv Alert!!
    Must be a lot of pedophiles in Maine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Isn't it illegal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Have a look at this link, apparently every one who has a name and family name of a person can check the records. Is it possible, I think they are just spams, what do you think? http://www.peoplebackgroundchecks.org/index2.htm N

Illegal renting? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in pa and am currently renting a part of a house that has two separate entrances but has a door to go to the landlords side that I have no control of the lock... this makes me uneasy and unsecure... it is set up very much identical to a mother daughter single family house... the landlord has...

Is this Illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a loan with a company for about 4 years. The loan has completely destroyed my credit due to numerous amounts of deliquencies on my report (younger days). Anyway, I am in the process of purchasing my first home and am working with a Mortgage Broker. My Broker told me to pay the loan...

Illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. So I am 15 years old. And I have been dating this guy for two months now. Hes 18. A few people have told me that this is illegal. But others say it is not. Im just confused and would like to know if it is or not. Also do any of you know if it is possible for me to move out without concent...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search