Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahagianroad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Does main outlet have to run downhill?
    I just had a new septic tank and leachfield installed. The contractor moved the main outlet (the big pipe that goes through the cellar wall) up. It now exits the cellar 2 feet higher than where it used to exit. 2 days later, I have an odor in the kitchen. I'm worried that, by moving the outlet, the contractor took the gravity out of the system within the house.

The large PVC pipe that runs across the cellar ceiling is fairly parallel to the cellar floor. It used to drop just before exiting; now it doesn't drop. Is this a problem?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 08:35 AM
    If everything is properly trapped and the joints in the pipe sealed, you shouldn't have an odor problem with the new location of the pipe. I would complain to the contractor. Was the job inspected?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Main Lug and Main Breaker Panel [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Main Breaker Panel and a Main Lug Panel and can either be used in new residential construction.

Main breaker and main disconnect [ 2 Answers ]

What I have is a home built in 1960 moved in 2 years it had a meter hanging from the rear of house with no main, 240v 50amp circuit to stove, 240 30amp to dryer, 5 breakers for the rest of house 1 20amp and 4 15amp. What my plan is to replace the meter housing and put a g.e. 200amp Disconnect on...

Must you re-wire outlet to outlet? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. Great site. I am rewiring my 1950's house with plaster walls, older wiring had no ground. Because it is one story, and extremely tight in the attic on the outer walls, I ran a 12/2 home run for the outlets, to a big (1900?) junction box, then "spidered" out to each individual...

Drugs = Downhill [ 3 Answers ]

My man Had a bad experience and becomes obsessed with it and the people Concerning it. He says he loves me and I believe him Loving him as well. I have been There for him for about 2months now, Trying to work out and understand what's going on. But he isn't ready for a relationship and gets...

View more questions Search