Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Forgotten title of book/film
    There is a book and film about a true story of a man who was institutionalized because of a physical disability who met up with another patient who was believed only to make noises, but the man could quite clearly understand what he was saying and interpreted all that he said for people. I think the title incorporated their first names, something like Freddy and Harry, but I might be mistaken.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 08:23 PM
    I have looked, but I'm not coming up with anything. Are there any other bits of information about the book and/or film that you can provide? Other names, places, situations, etc?

Maybe someone will come up with an answer because since I have just responded to your question, it will be more likely to get noticed because it will be more towards the top of the list of questions that need to be answered.
    susanis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 03:06 AM
    Thank you for your help. Now I come to thinkof it it may have been a television programme not a film. I think it was on in the early 80s, and the man was institutionalised as a baby in the 50s. It happened in England, but I can't remember whereabouts.

I can't remember anything else. I only remember thinking about how common it was to institutionalise the physically disabled, and how sad that the other patient had not been able to communicate with anybody, and was thought to be both mentally and physically disabled.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 16, 2007, 03:25 AM
    I've been looking at this question since you posted it too, and I remember the story and the program, but not the name unfortunately! I hope someone finds the answer because it's doing my head in! Lol!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Susan there is a film that I saw that sounds like what you are talking about, but it doesn't have those names you mentioned in the title and I don't remember the time it was set in. One of the young men was paralyzed from the waist down and he was new to the institution and was the only one who could understand a resident whose cerebral palsy made his speech impossible for anyone else to understand. They decide to move out on their own into a handicapped apartment after they find a pretty girl on a pub who agrees to be their nurse. It was made in 2004 and starred Steven Robertson & James McAvoy. In the USA, it was released under the title, "Rory O'Shea Was Here" but in GB, it was released as "Inside I'm Dancing". Here is a link to the synopsis info:
    Inside I'm Dancing (2004)

If this isn't the movie, it is a must see. Both actors did a brilliant job. I really loved the movie.

As an FYI, there was a Norwegian movie called "Elling" that is a lot like this story. Maybe you read the book by Ingvar Ambjornsen called "Blood Brothers"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgotten cartoon title [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I'm searching for a cartoon title, which I used to watch when I was young. I don't remember much about it, but here are some things I do remember: - There were two main heroes, male and a female, along with some old wizard who helped them all the time. - They were probably...

80's sci/fantasy - Title lost and forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

This has been an ongoing search for 10 years now. When I ask other people about it they look at me like I'm from outerspace or something. I can only remember a short scene from movie. There is a young girl, maybe 10yr-12yr and she is in the bathroom looking up at this white old spice glass bottle...

Forgotten the Title of this Book [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a most thought provoking book about a man who loses everything, becomes almost a tramp, then gradually rebuilds his life on the banks of an estuary in the West Country of England , finds a wife, and meets again the man who defrauded him. Can anyone help please ? I...

Film Title? [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a film many years ago and would love to know what its called. It was about a young boy who was terminally ill and ended up dying, possibly of AIDS. The only proper details I remember were that he has a little friend who had leukemia and her favourite colour was turquoise, and when she...

Title of a film [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to know the name of a film where a woman went to sleep at night and there was some kind of bright light in the night. When she woke up the next day all the people had gone.She dove around in a red sports car and met some other people whom she formed a family with. I have had some...

View more questions Search