Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siudave Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2003, 07:11 AM
    The network path was not found
    I try to connect my laptop to the desktop at home, after connecting all the required wires, the internet sharing is working, I can using the laptop online.

The problem is when I clicked "My network place" I could not see both computers, therefore I cannot shares all the files from both computer, the computer name is configured and both pcs in the same workgroup, but when I try to access the shares files, the error message as follows

"\\Laptop is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The network path was not found.

How to fix this problem.. help!
    kmo14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2003, 08:50 AM
    Hi,
    Start by pinging the desktop, go to command promt and type ping (space) then type the ip address of the desktop... if the reply comes back, packets sent =4 packets received =4 packets lost = 0 then your physical connections and network cards are OK and you can move on. If the packets are not received, but are lost then you may have a problem with the cable the hub or the network adaptors. Hope this helps
    kaychan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2003, 01:02 PM
    I have the same problem of my laptop not recognizing my desktop on my LAN. How do I locate the/an address of the desktop? Please be specific.

Thank you.

Kay
    diamondlm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 03:18 AM
    To get IP addresses click start then click run in run prompt type cmd when you get the dos screen type ipconfig this will tell you your ip address.
    You need to setup both pcs on the same workgroup. How are you connectiong these pcs router ,switch.
    kaychan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 01:10 PM
    In answer to your question. I'm using a netgear router. I have three computers. Two desktops and a laptop.
    From one desktop and the laptop I can see the other desktop. I need to see the laptop (both directions)from the other desktop. Ideal would be the three would see and access all files.
    I thought if everything was plugged into the router they would be seen.
    Please be specific with instructions, I'm new at this network stuff.
    diamondlm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2003, 12:28 AM
    Do you have usernames for the pcs and make sure to give access to all logins on all the pcs
    Shank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 03:22 PM
    System6 is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The network path was not found.

This is the message I am getting from one of my computers on LAN.
    From my desktop I can access this system6. It shows up on my network neighbourhood.
    Similarly on system6 my computer is also shown/listed in the network neighbourhood. But system6 is not able to access my computer to which I have a printer attached and it is sharing enabled.
    All my physical drives are sharing enabled.
    How to resolve this problem - if any one help me it would be great
    Shank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
    I think I gave the access rights to all pcs on my computer.
    Any way, assuming I did not do so for system6 (as it was set up by a consutant hardware guy & he disappeared now), how can I do it now.
    gyanhelp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Dear !

Its very strange that I come to know your problem so late but still I am providing the solution so that my otherfriends who visited this site can take the benefit of my advise.

So download windows resource kit from the following link.

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Windows Resource Kit.zip

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

Net user guest /active:yes
    Ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
    Ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 12:54 PM
    You have to use different computer name and ipaddress. Try make the user login is administrator
    robert_pan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 07:13 PM
    If u cannot solve that's problem, only one way; just format u os.. hikz.. (no, I'm just kidding)
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
    For the problem to solve as stated above
    What operating system are using
    jastoni123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Hi I have a problem regarding on file sharing we are on the same work group... but still I can't see other computers in my network?? I've tried to use the ping it is working I can ping the other computers... but when I was trying to connect... it occurs an error... the path cannot be found... plzz help??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he leading me up the garden path? [ 13 Answers ]

Help!! I'm hoping you can give me some advice and feedback! Some months ago, I wrote about a guy who broke up with me (see link below) Well, he has reappeared in my life, and I'm a little confused. I'll try to keep this simple. Since the amicable breakup (I was upset, but got on with things), we...

Network path not found ! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed a fresh windows 2003 server, and created just one user for testing purpose, and shared one directory on a different partion on the same hard disk. The problem is : I can log in with the user administrator from the workstation "WIN-XP running the latest update...

Correct career path? Need advice [ 4 Answers ]

For a long time I have wanted to be a fashion designer. I'm afraid that I might not be successful both financially and spiritually. Sometimes I feel like I don't have the abilities to make it. Have I chose the correct career path? Please give me some advice.

Network Path Not Found [ 1 Answers ]

I setup ADSL modem+router+firewall from one client computer on win 2003 domain server. Internet sharing is working fine within the network with IP class 192.168.16.x But the problem raise when I want to browse the mapping drive that had been set on the client computer I set the ADSL modem. I got...

View more questions Search