Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard_seed
    There is no lawful difference between being married and/or separated. The period of separation is called 'litigation'.

What is ‘litigation’?
    "A controversy before a court or a "lawsuit" is commonly referred to as “litigation”. If it is not settled by agreement between the parties it would eventually be heard and decided by a judge or jury in a court. Litigation is one way that people and companies resolve disputes arising out of an infinite variety of factual circumstances.

The term "litigation" is sometimes to distinguish lawsuits from “alternate dispute resolution” methods such as "arbitration" in which a private arbitrator would make the decision, or “mediation” which is a type of structured meeting with the parties and an independent third party who works to help them fashion an agreement among themselves."

The trouble here is at any time, the two parties can and sometimes do decide to return to living under the same roof to reunite in marriage. Happens all the time.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this. (I personally consider separated to be the same as married and I was never interested in dating a separated person. Never. But that's not what we're talking about. Just letting you know where I'm coming from.)

BUT - a lot of people separate and never divorce, many for religious reasons.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. When people legally separate they hammer out the legal details before they sign that separation agreement and in many, many States it is just turned into the divorce after a period and sworn testimony that they have lived apart, under the terms of the separation agreement.

I've personally - and I've been in the "legal business" for quite a while - never seen a couple legally separate and then get involved with arbitration or litigation, at least not in NYS. You are advised NOT to leave, NOT to live apart, NOT to abandon the marriage until an agreement is reached between the parties and recorded.

You are quoting legal definitions but I don't see where they apply to this discussion.

What State are you in?
    mustard_seed Posts: 68, Reputation: 7

Aug 18, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Thanks for the insightful information!
    mustard_seed Posts: 68, Reputation: 7

Aug 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
    "Every post, even the worst ones,
    tell you something about the person
    who posts it."

I believe this postscript is a true statement since MOST people only talk about what they KNOW. I include myself as well. Thank you JudyKayTee!
    jayla jean Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard_seed View Post
    Have you bumped your head or what? All that YOU 'know' is coming from THE WOMAN'S HUSBAND!!! You have not had a conversation with this man's wife, right?! How can YOU be so-o-o very, very stupid as to believe that liar is beyond me. NO ONE deserves to be cheated on--not even you! But you 'ALLOW' this man to live with his wife and use YOU..
    Just to let you know yes... I had a conversation with the wife! And yes she said it was okay! She actually encourage me saying "i hope you have fun!"so yes it is her fault

.What's wrong with you is this: you are not conscience to the fact that you are being used, not aware of the 'games' me play, have no life experiences other that the mess you have created for yourself and YOU have NO MORALS (morality means a code of conduct held to be authoritative in matters of right and wrong)..
    I know what morals mean!

You are walking around with possible infections from this man who has sex with trashy women (such as yourself). Don't think you are the only or fist this man has set up (temporary) house with--that's impossible. It's plain to see that this is the way he has chosen to live and it has become just a habit for him now. After you, there will be others. Question: How many were before you? Don't worry, we'll all wait for your answer... Take your time--he is. You'll wake one morning old, fat, alone, with kids all from different men and still be stupid, wondering what happened to/with your youth. His wife will wake with death benefits after he dies from some unknown STD.
    Well to let you know yes I am the first one he slept with and just for you information he is not going back to his wife.. I saw the finalized divorce paper... so since you were waiting for a response to your post here it is... AND no the wife does not get any benefits...
    Like I said before in the post she encourage the whole situation and it blew up in her face...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayla jean View Post
    just to let you know yes... i had a conversation with the wife! and yes she said it was okay! she actually encourage me saying "i hope you have fun!"so yes it is her fault

i know what morals mean!

well to let you know yes i am the first one he slept with and just for you information he is not going back to his wife.. i saw the finalized divorce paper... so since you were waiting for a response to your post here it is... AND no the wife does not get any benefits...
    like i said before in the post she encourage the whole situation and it blew up in her face....

I notice that you posted a problem with this married man/wife/you situation and when you got some heat you changed your question to "hahaha" so I doubt everything is as wonderful as you say it is.

And it sounds to me like she no longer had interest in him so basically you took another woman's reject, a situation which seems to be all right with all of you. I wish some other woman had taken MY "ex" off my hands - would have saved a fortune on legal fees.

So it worked out for everyone.
    C-Thru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar View Post
    Although I applaud the sentiment of your post I don't really agree with you completely, I think each case needs to be looked at individually ... if we could just blanket each question with threads like this ... well this site would just be full of vague answers!

Also, there are men (and women) who are in loveless marriages who do leave thier wives (or husbands), get divorced, settle down with girlfriend (or boyfriend) they love and spend the rest of their lives together!

I don't think all adulterers should be tarred with the same brush!

Thanks for listening!

J
    Pook_Myster, are you suggesting that to have a genuine problem worthy of being shared... and perhaps solved, should only be aired if there are no similarities to what another(many others) may have already experienced? The fact is, there are very few if any totally unique problems in the world - someone must have been there before... :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

Dating men with children dealling with ex's [ 6 Answers ]

What advice can you give me about dating a man with 2 children by two other women and they both hate me

Dating and still married [ 30 Answers ]

My boyfriends wife left him and we started seeing each other right after she left. Now she is acting crazy trying to kill herself and make threats that he won't see the kids anymore. We love each other very much. Should we continue our relationship or wait for them to divorce?

View more questions Search