Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpme29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Do I have diabetes
    What are the best signs to determine whether you have diabetes? It runs in my family and I don't know what symptoms to be looking out for to determine if I do. I am worried that someday I'm going to end up in the hospital because I was unaware of the possibility that I may have diabetes. What should I look for? What are the risks involved with not going and getting checked (because I don't THINK I have diabetes but it is a concern). What will happen to me down the road if I continue to go day after day not realizing I have diabetes?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
    The BEST way to determine if you have it is go to the doctor and request a glucose test.

My brother has diabetes and some of his symptoms were nausea, vomiting, tiredness and in the later days right before he was diagnosed he would not eat and lost a lot of weight.

He went into the hospital with a glucose of over 550. He is lucky he didn't go into a diabetic coma. If you are concerned, I would get that test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms seem so harmless. Recent studies indicate that the early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing the complications of diabetes.

Some diabetes symptoms include:

* Frequent urination
    * Excessive thirst
    * Extreme hunger
    * Unusual weight loss
    * Increased fatigue
    * Irritability
    * Blurry vision

If you have one or more of these diabetes symptoms, see your doctor right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes condition [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I have been dealing with this condition for about 8 years Sometime my sugar number are hi ,mid -to o.k range 180 , 140 , 123 I would like to know what else can help this condition except more medicine. Now I take a pill 2 times a day.. I'm trying to avoid the shots Any herd or remdi...

He Has Diabetes. [ 1 Answers ]

I've known very few people with diabetes so I did not know much about it. My boyfriend has diabetes and I still have confusion on this disorder. I worry about him a lot since he does wrestling and he often has to cut weight. He tries not to eat so much because of it which I understand can be...

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a bloodt test for diabetes and my doctor wants to see me again as it was a bit high, I have been told to stay awat from sweet things and carbos by another diabetic that I know, I was wondering if there is a possibility as after a meal with carbos in I am ill, usually my stomach, it plays...

Help With Diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

What would you recommend as a herbal help for controlling diabetes?

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge... I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips I...

View more questions Search