Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RLN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Corolla - Gooey stuff under the hood
    Hi,
    I have a Corolla LE 07, on which a couple of times there's some sort of goey- fudge like substance coming out from the hood. Not sure why this is happening; there are no leaks and absolutely no problems with the engine. It was even serviced for 5k miles and had no issues.
    If someone cld help, it would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    Dana Bandle Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Jul 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
    It is probably some left over grease & oil from the manufacture. Is it affecting the car performance? If not clean it off & forget it. Enjoy that cute little car. Dana
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:44 PM
    The gooey stuff is factory undercoating, or rustproofing. It's in between the metal layers of the hood where you can't see and where moisture can get in and be trapped. Toyota put several 1/4" holes along the front edge of the hood so that moisture could get out. But by doing that, it gives the gooey stuff a chance to come out. This happens from the heat of the radiator with the hood closed. It's a solid that becomes gooey.
    It runs down onto the headlights and upper core support. This may happen for the first year or so, especially though the summer hot A/C season.
    Use some goo-b-gone or try some mineral spirts to wipe off. This is really a good thing. Nothing to worry about.

You bought an excellent car!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Brake Light Switch on 1995 Corolla [ 3 Answers ]

My Brake Light Switch on my 95 Corolla is shorted out. If someone can give me detailed instructions to replace it, it will be greated appreciated.

92 corolla [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 92 toyota Corolla 4cyl. 16 valve engine (fuel injected) that is hard to start when cold it will crank and sputter until finally it will run. Once running it runs well I have already checked the circuit going to the cold start injector and seems fine so I checked the injector itself and no...

Toyota Corolla 05 - HELP [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the dip beams on o 05 corolla?

Rocket Robin Hood [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever found episodes of Rocket Robin Hood ? It was a cartoon I used to watch it in the morning before school when I was little (yes, I am really dating myself now... ). I'd like to try and find a few episodes... :)

View more questions Search