Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Projects5882 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 08:53 PM
    CPU Noise - Humming
    I have a 651-M motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard) which has the SiS651 Northridge and SiS962L Southbridge Chipsets. My system is running Win XP Home with 2 GB of RAM and 80 GB Hard drive.

I am experienceing a loud humming noise coming from the Computer. This happens every time that I use the machine.

Any Suggestions on how to eliminate or reduce this noise?

Thank you for your time.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Run! Its going to blow up!
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 11, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Open up the case, and check if the noise is coming from the fan(s), such as case fans, cpu fan, chipset fans, etc. by applying pressure to the stator to stop the fan from spinning momentarily and listen for the humming to stop.

If the humming continues, touch the various components to see if any of them are vibrating.

Check the video card fan the same way as above.

Next is probably the power supply fan. You can check that by inserting a stick into the fan and turning the PC on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Humming noise when water is running [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a pressure reducing valve replaced. Since then I hear a humming or even a howling sound whenever I turn on any water source. Even when the toilet is filling, it hums or howls. As soon as I turn the water off, the sound stops. The sound is loud. I checked the pressure and it is...

Mysterious humming noise in the house [ 113 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you folks can help me. Recently, we have been hearing a loud, low frequency "hum" throughout our house. I have turned the main power off to determine whether it's electrical. It's not. The noise does sound like a "fog horn" going off several blasts at a time and the noise level...

Blower/Air Handler motor noise. Loud humming. [ 2 Answers ]

We have ~ 1991 Carrier 58sx high efficiency condensing furnace and central AC. Now the air handler is making a loud humming/vibration noise when the fan kicks in (the blower motor for the air handler makes the noise, not the gas furnace/exhaust blower). The serious electrical humm is loudest when...

Noise from water lines. (humming) [ 1 Answers ]

We had redone 1 bathroom and had a little noise start up in the lines after completion. When the water was turned on it would make like humming noise. Then we redid the second bathroom and the noise happens when we turn on the water anywhere in the house. And it is louder than it has been before.

View more questions Search