Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
    5 years is not really a significant age difference for grown adults, which the two of you will eventually be. For adolescents, however, it can be a difficult obstacle to overcome. I would definitely advise you to proceed with caution. It seems like your intentions are honorable and you don't wish to take advantage of her or put yourself in a position where you'd be in trouble with the law and that's a good thing. Spend time together and see how compatible the two of you are ; that's really the most important issue above all else.
    ellalily125 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 10:49 AM
    No I don't think your age difference is anything to worry about my hubby is 11 years older than me and most of my friends have at least 4 year age gaps with their b/f.go for it but make sure she is not on the rebound and she's not going to go running bk to him.
    amber_gilbert Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
    NO age doesn't matter(in this case), and she sounds like she'd be lucky to have you. Lord knows, I still haven't found my dream guy yet. 17-22 isn't that bad
    minnie_224_2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 10:25 PM
    I say wats wrong with it? If you like her that much why not go 4 it see people don't understand dating these days but I'm saying go 4 it you like her and nnothing can change that
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I dated an 18 year old when I was 14. I was very mature, more than the other kids my age. When you are mature enough to handle a real relationship, age does not matter.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I was 14 dating a 17 yr old. While very mature for my age, that didn't help much when he tried to rape me.

I recently have been talking to a girl I work with a lot she's 16 (will b 17 in a few months) I just turned 22. Im friends with every one I work with and just started that way with her till she broke up with her b/f and he went crazy saying he was going to kill her and stuff and harassing her so I steped in and defended her keeping him away from our work and staying there late at night making sure he didn't follow her home or anything. Well along with all this I kind of started liking her and everything and got really close through all these tough times. Is this too much of an age difference at this time or should I stay with her. Do this make me look like I'm just wanting sex dating someone that much younger? Cause that's what I hear but its not the case I'm still a virgin and waiting till I get married for that what should I do give me your opinions
    While you sound sincere, I would warn you that people will get the wrong impression because of the age difference. She may be mature and act older but a girl that age has not yet had life experience that makes you truly mature and ready for a serious relationship. Because of your age difference, you may both encounter negativity from others, so if you pursue this you should be prepared for a negative reaction.
    renia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Yes age is a number but think of this... parents and if they don't like you and know your age there will be problems... can you can say jail time and maybe smacked with the title of petifile all because she is shy of 18 yrs. Old. Just be careful
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I was 14 dating a 17 yr old. While very mature for my age, that didn't help much when he tried to rape me.
    I am sorry you had to go through that, but it doesn't always end up that way. I have already been given enough crap over this thread, so I am just not going to speak my opinion of this topic anymore.
    lostinatrance Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Ultimately, the only opinion that matters is yours. Do you think it's wrong? If you're fine with the age difference, then I say go for it. If she's mature enough then there's definently nothing wrong with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
    The parent of an underage female has the final say. And that has nothing to do with the law.
    2496 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 08:11 PM
    First off, you dont need to be coming at me like that. Second of all, maturity has a lot to do with it. He was as mature as his age, 18, and I was also as mature as an 18 year old, even when I was 14. And by the way, he was a senior, i was a freshman, not in eighth grade thank you. I was a year ahead of everyone my age. You may think that me being with an 18 year old when i was 14 is disgusting, but think about the fact that your boyfriend or whatever is 9 years older. When he was 18, you were 9, that is disgusting too, even though you werent dating at the time. If you care about age THAT much, you are ignorant.

I do not agree with that if your over 14 it is legal...
    Once you turn 15 you can date whatever age you like, I do not believe age matters, it doesn't change who you are.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2496
    i do not agree with that if your over 14 it is legal...
    once you turn 15 you can date whatever age you like,, i do not belive age matters, it doesnt change who you are.
    I never said it was legal.
    2496 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 08:15 PM
    You mean illegal.
    Because I didn't say you said it was legal
    But I'm saying it is legal and for all means he should stay with this girl if he likes her.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 08:17 PM
    First of all, you made it sound like I said it was legal :

I do not agree with that if your over 14 it is legal
    Dating is legal, sex is not. I do not care to get into this argument again, for this thread is about 2 months old.

The OP hasn't even been online in 2 months, so it is a good chance he will never read this again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Let us all understand that every locality has laws against what is legal and what is not, as well as what age is legal and what is not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Let us all understand that every locality has laws against what is legal and what is not, as well as what age is legal and what is not.
    That is true, I'm a little "United States" minded sometimes.

If I had had sex with my boyfriend when I was 14, it would have been illegal. That is what I meant to clear things up. I don't believe that its legal to have sex at 14 anywhere in the US, but then again I could be wrong. Good thing I did not give it up to him. :)
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
    I am sorry you had to go through that, but it doesnt always end up that way. I have already been given enough crap over this thread, so i am just not going to speak my opinion of this topic anymore.
    Don't let the criticism of know it all people make you stop commenting on a topic you feel that your capable of commenting on

Sep 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Sorrry I did not read all of the posts before mine but

If they are not having sex THEN THEY ARE FINE
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    don't let the criticism of know it all people make you stop commenting on a topic you feel that your capable of commenting on
    No no she had every right to comment, it OK. I just don't like arguing over this issue. :)

Sep 9, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboleum
    Well I'm 19 and my girl is 15. We are in true love now. She is very mature for her age and even looks older than she is. She knows what she wants in life and i respect her decisions. Regardless of this shaunta girl's rediculous comments i think if you are looking for love and not lust, go for it 100%. Of course i had problems with her dad (since her mom was a friend of my mom), but he knows my intentions are only to be with her and not 'in her' if you know what i mean. Love will overcome any obstacle it meets so use it to keep you two together. AGE DOES NOT MATTER!!!!! Let no one tell you otherwise. 6 years is kinda pushing it but God will keep you two together if you let him help out too. I say GO FOR IT DUDE.

Yea you're a lucky one but most guys your age are only looking at younger girls for SEX

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference [ 15 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.

Age difference [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 until July then I turn 17, but my girlfreind is 14 and in December she turns 15... does that sound wrong, we aren't having sex or anything!

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search