Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Mosquito bites:(
    How long do mosquito bites take to go away, and or, how can I make them go away more quick?
    I've got very very big mosquito bites(dime size) is that normal?
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
    OMG YOU HAVE CANCER!!

Nah j/k... dood.. your cool just get some meds... and masquito bites don't really have a set time to go away... they just do over time... but to get them to go away more quick, go get some over the counter meds for it... works wonders dood..
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Yes that is completely normal for a mosquito bite but don't scratch it too much, this could cause infintigo. Putting clear finger nail polish over the bite and using itch creams is what my mother always did. They will go away in a few days usually, if they are left alone!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:40 PM
    I found that taking oral Benadryl and applying Benadryl cream controlled the itching and swelling for my family.
    Usually the bites will stop bothering us after 12 hours for the smaller sized bites and up to 48 hours for the larger ones you're speaking of.
    Good luck to you, I know the itching is very annoying and uncomfortable.
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 08:42 PM
    I just got a big 1 on my leg last night.. just don't scratch it and it will go away in like 2 days
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
    I've always heard that masquito bite remedies work on different people differently via their gene pool, is this true?
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Yea probably because everyone is different
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Everyone is different because of their genes, so hah! I win! Lol
    hlbrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Oh, my gosh, I got like 20 (seriously) mosquito bites on my arms and legs. Idk what to do. I tried lye soap, but it didn't work. I am constantly itching. HELP ME! PLEASE!
    cheer4life Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
    HEY PPL!
    I have really bad bites ALL over my legs! Im a cheerleader so I need them to go away FAST! I went to the doctor and she said I have staff.. apparently if they are bigger than a normal bite they are infected! Mine are like.. the size of a quarter... they are DISGUSTING!
    So I have this cream she gave me, and a giant horse pill I have to take 3 times a day!
    She told me to run a bath (as hot as you can stand it) and just soak and that will get any infection out, taking a benadrill will keep it from itching, and neosporen will make the bites go away.. that's if they are not infected. But if they are that big you might want to go to the doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito bites [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know of anything besides DEET, that will prevent mosquito bites. I hate putting pesticide on my skin, but nothing seems to work. Thanks. Cindy

Mosquito Magnet [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone own a Mosquito Magnet and is it worth it? I have a 5 acres lot and my backyard is a plantation of pine trees. So yes there is a lot of mosquitos my family loves the outdoor but we are invaded by mosquitos so we keep ourselves indoors. Any suggestions Thanks in advance.

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

Bites [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good remedy to stop the itching from bed bug bite?

History Bites [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone here seen "History Bites" (tv show)? If you haven't then try to look it up or see if they air it on the discovery/comedy networks in your area because it is one of those few educational gems out there. http://www.historybites.com/

View more questions Search