Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 03:15 PM
    What should I do about this guy I liked?
    I'm a sophomore in high school and I met this boy and at first I didn't like him but after about a month I don't know what happened.. it was like magic. He kept asking me out and eventually I broke up with my boyfriend at the time because I wanted to be with this boy. Well he asked me if I wanted to be with him and I told him yes and he would still ask me out but I don't know why I neva said yes.I guess fear was holding me back and I was nervous because I was new to all this "dating" stuff.. well like 3 months later I find out that he goes out with another girl which happens to be a friend of mine.. me and her isn't "best friends" or nothing but we used to talk in class.. I still want to be with him and its been two months that they been going out and I kant get over him! I miss him soooo much and I wish I could have a second chance.. I know I'm the 1 to blame but man what should I do? Should I just let it go or should I keep waiting until they finally break up and then maybe ill get lucky and he'll call me... please help me!
    john425 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 03:20 PM
    To be honest, playing games never works in the long run, which honestly seems like what you were doing.

It pushes people away, while at times gives instant gratification.

As for what you can do, talk to him and say you miss him and maybe he will think about things, but now he has a girlfriend, and if he cares for her, that will be something to let go for a person that has turned him down so many times before.

My opinion anyway.
    Super16 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 04:36 PM
    My opinion because I have been is in this type of thing before, you should had the chance. But I am not saying that he doesn't still like you or that he does but the best when to put is that you don't want to be the one responsible for some one else's break up, all you have to do is tell him the truth. But by doing that you might not know how your friendship may end up, or his girlfriend and your friendship may end up either. But when this happened to me I never told him that I liked him and I kind regret it.

Jul 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Thax for the advice and I know that this may ruin my friendship with his girlfriend but its OK even though I don't want to see it happen.. but what I'm asking is should I just forget about it or should I keep my hopes up that if someday it doesn't work out for them that he may call me?

Jul 10, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolitah_xx
    thax for the advice and i kno that this may ruin my friendship with his girlfriend but its ok even tho i dont wanna see it happen.. but what im asking is should i just forget about it or should i keep my hopes up that if someday it doesnt work out for them that he may call me?
    Well I'd say just keep your hopes up, but then maybe you never move on but that wouldn't be a good thing. Because you could ruin your chances with everelse that might like you but you just don't no it yet. But then I say forget about it because you could get hurt in the long run. When it happened to me, keeped my hopes up because I really liked him, but when out with my best friend, and she knew I liked him before they went out and she went out with him anyway. I got so hurt, and at this very moment I still kind of like him. But that something I have to live with because I didn't tell him sooner. Thing happened differently for every one. It might go great for you and then again it might not. But if you like him that much tlk to him and then see what happens

Jul 10, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Yea but he knows that I like him because he asked me and I said yea but iono what happened.. well I know what happened but I don't know I'm just going to wait but in the meantime I'm not going to stay single

Jul 10, 2007, 05:49 PM
    No that's not what I met!! What I meant was that you need to tlk to him and figure out what happened.

Jul 10, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by john425
    To be honest, playing games never works in the long run, which honestly seems like what you were doing.

It pushes people away, while at times gives instant gratification.

As for what you can do, talk to him and say you miss him and maybe he will think about things, but now he has a girlfriend, and if he cares for her, that will be something to let go for a person that has turned him down so many times before.

My opinion anyways.
    It doesn't seem like your playing games, its just you don't know what to do.
    john425 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Super16
    it doesnt seem like your playing games, its just you dont kno wat to do.

I grew up with the girls that played the games, dated the girls the played the games, and played the games myself. What happened, while you may not have meant it to be like that, was rather a game.

If you told him you wanted to be with him, but yet said no when he asked you out, it is a turnoff, a big one at that.

How long did he ask you out, and get the same answer of "no?"
    Think in his mind, this girl he really likes, broke up with her boyfriend at the time to be with me, but yet does not want to be with me (what I have gotten from your story).

Someone can only wait for so long, he waited around and got the same answer, and finally gave up it seems, and moved on to find another girl he liked.

And like I said before, to what you can do, is apologize for being unsure in what you wanted (while you may not have been meaning to do this), and that you really miss him and want him.

If he feels the same, you will know, if he does not, you can try and be his friend again for the moment. You can only show you will be here, but he has to take that.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 11, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Yeah, you may have been confused but to keep saying no even when you liked him was well... playing games with him whether you meant to or not. Now if you ask him I'm pretty sure he's going to be like, "Shes just jealous I'm with her friend."

Tell him the honest truth
    1) You like him
    2) You were confused and understand you hurt him by saying no so many times
    3) What you did was wrong to make him wait, even though you liked him. (Playing a game)
    4) You want to be with him now and just want 1 more chance whenever he may give it to you.

That's just what I think

Jul 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Well I know that if he ever broke up with his girlfriend that he would definitely go out with me because he texted me a few weeks ago saying that he wanted to see me but I told him no because he was going out with my friend now so I know he isn't mad at me and he still likes me so I just know that what is meant to be will be and if they ever break up then he'll probably call me because he is the type of person that don't give up on what he really wants and I know he isn't mad at me or nuthin but thanks 4 tha advice because its so true!
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Whatever u do don't tell him you love another guy though

Jul 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Well there's really no way I can make him jealous now because it's the school year is over and he is going to a different skool nexxt year so the only way I would be able to talk to him was if I called him or texted him and about the whole jealousy thing.. wen I first found out that he was going out with my friend I was talking to my friends saying that I had a new boyfriend and he heard me and then a month later he texted me saying 'oh wats up what you been up to?' and stuff and he said he wanted to see me and I said no because he got a girlfriend and then he said that 'we can be friends but I guess I'll see you when I see you though' so what does that mean?
    braindeadsue Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolitah_xx
    im a sophmore in highschool and i met this boy and at first i didnt like him but after about a month i dont kno what happend..it was like magic. he kept asking me out and eventually i broke up with my boyfriend at the time because i wanted to be with this boy. well he asked me if i wanted to be with him and i told him yes and he would still ask me out but i dont know why i neva said yes.i guess fear was holding me back and i was nervous because i was new to all this "dating" stuff.. well like 3 months later i find out that he goes out with another girl which happens to be a friend of mine..me and her aint "best friends" or nothin but we used to talk in class.. i still want to be with him and its been two months that they been going out and i kant get over him!! i miss him soooo much and i wish i could have a second chance.. i know im the 1 to blame but man what should i do?? should i just let it go or should i keep waiting until they finally break up and then maybe ill get lucky and he'll call me... please help me!
    Please don't trust your feelings, but the fact that he is not to be trusted in a faithful relationship, for he deceived you from the beginning. Focus on the fact of how he two-timed you, deceived you, and disrespected your relationship of trust. Don't trust your feelings that are based on his lies. His life of deception and disrespect will only continue to bring you agony if you continue to not see the truth that he is not responsible or mature enough to return the love you deserve and will need in a future relationship. You deserve someone who loves you in return to respect you and treat you better.

Jul 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
    braindeadsue...

Thank u! Because your advice is so true and I can't believe it took me this long to realize that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy holding my hand and the guy holding my heart aren't the same? [ 10 Answers ]

I really like my ex still and I have a new boyfriend and he's so sweet and all, but I'm still just so in love with my ex and it makes me feel bad for my new boyfriend.. I mean I told my ex that I still like him and everything but the thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and so yeah I can't...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

Is he the right guy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My relationship is happen two years ago, I know the guy well, he from a family member. He in his relationship for 4 years, and planing to get marry. I meet him and we start to connected, kissing and a year later we lead to making love, and we just get close and closer to each other. ...

This guy! [ 3 Answers ]

There is this guy that I kind of like but then he gets so annoying, because he is always blowing kisses to me or like he is always calling me by pet names. I no he is alwayz playing around well at least I think he is. !! HELP!! :confused:

Over a guy [ 2 Answers ]

This is so weird, but here goes. My friends like this guy, and I am talking to him for them.Well, this one girl who likes him has gone out with everyone, and when I liked a guy she went out wit him even though she knew I liked him, but now I thik I might like this guy, but I have no idea. What...

View more questions Search