Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLOTH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I am subleasing from my little sister and the landlord is trying to change the deposi
    I Am Taking Over A Lease For My Sister. She Paid A $350 Security Deposit And A $350 Pet Deposit. The Landlord Wants To Change On Our Lease That The Security Deposit Is $700 And She Wants Us To Pay It To My Sister. Can She Legally Do This
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Why is the landlord involved? A Sublease is between you and the leasee. While a landlord may have to give permission to allow the sublease, the lessor is YOUR landlord not the property owner.

If your sister doesn't want to charge you a security deposit she doesn't have to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister needs help [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: hi I'm writing about my sister she is doing things that are upsetting my whole family she cuts her wrist and wrights on pieces of paper that she is going to hang her self and this is upsetting the whole family not only because she is doing this but because we have younger sister who is...

My sister [ 3 Answers ]

Hello There, My name is Noah and I'm from Wisconsin. I was Adopted from Greece in 1992. My adoptive parents also adopted 4 other children from 2 different countries. My one adopted sister has a rare Mental health condition.(don't exactly know what it's called.) I am now 18 and I just moved...

Looking for my little sister [ 13 Answers ]

I'm looking for my little sister that was given up for adoption when she was a baby. She will be turning 19 this November 10. Her name at birth was Melissa Ann. If any one has any ifo please help me find her. She was born in steubenville, Ohio. I was told about her when I was 10 and I am going to...

Sister vs. Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago, my girlfriend's mother transferred (in good faith) the titles of her houses over to her oldest daughters name because of Med-Cal. The property has three houses on the lot in which my girlfriend lives in one of them with her two daughters. Now, the oldest sister has refianced the...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

View more questions Search