Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Depression and Anxiety
    I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over again. I just can't deal with things very well at all I get upset and stressed about everything I get stressed with my kids, my husband everything I just want to be by myself. I hope that someone can help me and support me with this problem right now I don't want to back slide:(
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jul 10, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Have you ever tried anti-depressants? Just wondering because you didn't say if you have or not. They have helped me a lot with social phobia, depression, and anxiety. Maybe you could take up a hobby to releave some of your problems? I'm about to start playing the violin and I think this may be a wonderful way to calm these down. If you do decide to go the music way just think of it like this; when you are playing (of course its going to be bad at first but when you get better just lose yourself in your music, maybe it could be a comfort zone for you and help you feel like you are in your own world, you could do this for any hobby or anything you do). If these don't help or aren't an option just try to remind yourself that YOU are in control of how you feel (I know its hard but it's the truth) even though you may be depressed you can control it if you just realize that everything is actually fine and dandy because it could be much worse (You are alive and well so make something of your day). Just be happy about life (or try); you have a family that I am sure that loves you even though they can probably put some stress on you :D.

Good luck.
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Yes I have taken anti-depressants I am actually on 2 for my depression and anxiety. A hobby I don't ever get time to myself I have 2 little ones and a husband that works full time so I have the kids because I am searching for a job and he is also going to school so 2 to 3 days a week I have the kids all day long with no break. I guess I do kind of have a hobby I love to just sit around and do fill-in puzzles and sudoku because it does relax me. My family loves me very much but they have just been though much with my depression and stuff that I feel bad about asking them to just let me relax and sometimes even talk about it. But I am working on that Thank you for your suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

My 4 year old has signs of ANXIETY and Depression [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 and 4 months. She recently was moved from the 3's to the 4's in preschool and we have been having problems ever since. The other students started 6 months ago and her teacher is pressuring her to catch up with the other kids in writing/math and reading skills. My daughter cries...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

Daughers social anxiety and depression [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My daughter, age 24, is definitely depressed, overwhelmed (has 2 small children and single mom with very low income) She is so socially phobic that she can not seem to get out of her "rut". Has the same job since she was 16, part time, low wages etc. because she is "comfortable" there as...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search