Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laralouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Poor Water Pressure in Shower - Symmons Temptrol Unit
    We have a Symmons Temptrol Model A shower/bath unit installed which has very poor water pressure when using the shower head. The bath facet pressure is adequate but does diminish when increasing the hot water temperature. When switching to the shower the water pressure slows to a dribble. Interestingly, the sink facets in the same bathroom have decent water pressure.

I have cleaned the shower head and removed the water saving value to no avail. Any ideas for next steps?

Thanks!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Take the shower head off, and see if anything is blocking the hole. Keep in mind that what is hot can expand or 'move' metal parts. It sounds like something is blocking the shower head.

XenoSapien
    nrauer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 02:37 PM
    If you have symmons temptrol you need to repace the spindle they have videos on YouTube that give you step by step. Turn off the water main first! Also spindle is less than 40$ @ homedepot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symmons - Temptrol Diverter [ 22 Answers ]

I have the above diverter in my bathroom. Recently it started to leak from the diverter handle that changes the use from tub to shower. I purchased the Symmons TA-25A Iverter Spindle to replace old. My problem is that I do not know how to remove the old spindle. Can anyone help me with my problem?

Symmons temptrol valve on shower/tub [ 5 Answers ]

I can only get hot water from this brand new valve. Yhe only way to get cooler water is to reduce the valve to a point where I get very low flow. Increasing the flow to a satisfactory flow only gives hot water. The water coming in is at 130 degrees F. I can not change the temp of the water coming...

Symmons Temptrol Shower/Tub Handle - [ 1 Answers ]

I printed off the internet the part breakdwon to my tub/shower one-dial Symmons Temtrol kit as I am trying to stop a slow leak out oif the tub faucet. I removed the screw and cap - and I can't get the handle off - is it hyst suppoosed to pull off once the screw is removed? That is how the...

Poor water pressure in new shower [ 3 Answers ]

We recently underwent a renovation of existing second floor bathroom. The shower has a main head and a second hand held. The pressure is so low that the handheld doesn't work. The main head is also very low. We have a sink and jacuzzi in the same MBR and a second bathroom very close by that all...

View more questions Search