Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildnyte Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat
    I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What have I done wrong?? There is a wire (cream colored) that was left on the old thermostat that I did not want to remove because it was soldered in and ran from R (red) to the system switch. Was this wire needed to be added to the new thermostat? Please help!! Thank you! :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 06:41 PM
    No the wire does not have to be added or soldered on to the new stat.
    In the manufactures instructions it says not to use the color code that was on the old thermostat to hook up the new thermostat.

Here is a link for your new thermostat.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1726.pdf

What is wrong is that the wire that triggers the heat is now hooked to the cooling part of the thermostat. It could be as simple as switching the heat wire to cool and the cool wire to heat. Please read the above link. It has more information on your new thermostat than I could ever remember.

NOTE There is also some sticky notes in the beginning of this board that have to do with thermostats also.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
    If you connected all wires to the same terminals as the old stat it should work, some heat pumps need to energise the reversing valve to put it in the cooling mode, usually it will the "O" on the subbase for residential heat pumps. You may not have programed this "O" to be turned on in the advanced setup while programing the thermostat. Mike
    mburtonsr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2013, 06:21 PM
    I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-72 heat pump thermostat that the kids knocked off the wall, and now it's 29 degrees. The tabs were all 30 years old and they slid right off as it hung from the wall. I need the wiring diagram to get some heat going. The back plate gives the # 2744C, with red on R, green on G, yellow on Y1, white on W2, blue on L, black on E, orange on O, but there is also a X1 & B. Some sites say the black goes on B instead of E. Maybe you can help me solve this. This is a Carrier model #3808030300 unit. Thanks in Advance!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White-Rodgers Thermostat Manuals [ 6 Answers ]

@tkrussell - Re: your sticky about thermostat manuals, here is a link for technical data, including manuals for White-Rodgers thermostats: http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/common/ptech/ptech_thermo.htm

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

Replacing White-Rodgers Thermostat with Honeywell Digital [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing a 13 yr. old White-Rodgers Mechanical thermostat (couldn't find model # on website) with a Honeywell 5-1-1 Digital thermostat. The wiring was as follows for White-Rodgers: Green = G Yellow = Y White = W Red = RH jumpered to RC The Honeywell has terminals for

Need Wiring help for a White-Rodgers Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 wire (red & White) heat only system. It is steam heat run by gas. Currently I have Honeywell thermostat which uses 3 AA batteries. Thermostat has R, RC, O, W, Y, G terminals. R and RC terminals are connected by a jumper cable. I have Red wire connected to terminal R and white wire...

White-Rodgers thermostat... What does this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm about to smash this thing up. I fell asleep with the AC turned off earlier and now I wake up and its 77 degrees in here and I'm sweating. So I go turn the AC unit back on, setting it on 75 degrees to start with because I know you aren't supposed to do more than 2 degrees at a time....

View more questions Search