Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Heat pumps DX systems
    My question is about the ground source heat pums with closed loop vertical DX heat exchangers.Depending on the required capacity we have different numbers of boreholes where we put the DX U-tube heat exchanger.My question is how can I calculate the heat that is stored in each of the boreholes-how much heat can be exctracted from the borehole normally depending from the type of soil?Is there any formula?

Thank you in advance
    I.Seso
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
    I can tell you that I have been told each hole is needed to provide one ton of cooling or heating heat transfer *(12,000 BTU's) Three tons = three holes.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Plus the ground water has to be capable of providing the 12,000 BTU on a continuos basis. It would be best to check with someone local in regards to capacity because it does change for different areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pumps [ 1 Answers ]

I have a co-op apartment in a high rise in NYC. It has old GE zoneline 3000 heat pumps. One of the two works fine, the other wotks OK but it is noisy. The fan is just loud. Should I bother to try to repair this or should I just replace them. If I replace them should I get heat pumps again or should...

Heat pumps [ 3 Answers ]

What does the emergency heat do on a heat pump?

One thermostat for separate Heat and A/C systems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a mobile home with a forced air natural gas furnace and a totally separate single package air conditioner unit with its own fan/compressor/condenser. The systems share nothing execpt the duct work and each have their own thermostats. Question - Can I buy a single heat/cool...

View more questions Search