Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmdelariva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2003, 04:14 PM
    Novell
    I am currently a Network Administrator of a health care organization that runs Netware 6.0. I currently hold my CNA in Netware 5.0 and I am preparing for the CNA in Netware 6.0. I keep hearing that Novell is dead and I should not waste my time. I need it for my current job but I am wondering about future jobs.
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2003, 03:36 PM
    Re: Novell
    tmdelariva, hi, it's great that you are keeping up-to-date on your CNA certificate. Certainly it would be an added advantage and doesn't hurt to get the newest CNA for Netware 6.0. If you are worry job-wise, no sweat, you are already an experienced administrator, so you should have no trouble finding a really good job as the CNA is still in demand, even though more companies are leaning toward WINDOWS and as LINUX gain more converts, but this is only because it's cheaper to do so in the server market. Novell is still a powerhouse in its own right. And so what about WINDOWS and LINUX. In fact, even if you are concern about better using your time for something else, consider this:

In the latest edition of INFORMATIONWEEK, Nov. 10, 2003, Novell vice chairman, CHRIS STONE, at a recent press conference said: "Our objective is to reduce impediments to the (SuSE) LINUX in the enterprise.

And Novell chairman and CEO Jack Messaman said: "Novell has 80% of the FORTUNE 500 as customers, and we expect many of them will buy from NOVELL and SuSE."IBM, too, has an investment in NOVELL to help "SuSE build a stronger pesence in N. America".

That means as long as NOVELL still has a good following, those companies will still need IT NOVELL support. If I were in your shoe, I would take the exam to give me more flexibility and as an added-value pro such as yourself. However, I wish, but I have don't have the administrative experience to back it up. You, on the other hand, is in a perfect position to take advantage of NOVELL- IBM - SuSE partnership. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PLEASE HELP: About Novell Netware [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a research project about Novell Netware and I will be presenting it on class next week. And I'm still confused what topics to discuss because it seems too broad. If you have suggestions, websites or presentations I could check, please post it. I also have some questions...

HELP: Novell Netware OS [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a research project about Novell Netware and I will be presenting it on class next week. And I'm still confused what topics to discuss because it seems too broad. If you have suggestions, websites or presentations I could check, please post it. I also have some questions...

View more questions Search