Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldbirdie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Posted dated check not cashed. Been over 3 months now
    A posted dated check of 6 may 07 still hasn't been cashed. Banking institute says its pretty standard across the board that the holder of the check has 6 months to cash it... seems to long and the chances of it getting lost becomes greater any comments?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
    6 months can be a long time, yet that is standard practice on all cheques.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post dated check [ 2 Answers ]

If a bank accepts a post dated check and it causes your account to become overdrawn, is the bank responsible for the overdrafts or am I?

Payment from year before not posted. [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a small company but we got a new system. Last year there were payment Received but not posted to there accounts. I verified this by requesting copies of checks. What is the correct way to input them and not putting the payment into the checking accounting . But I guess still saying...

I settled my Debt--they cashed check but now Bank suing me! [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone could help me--or point me in the right direction it would be a great relief. Basically, I had a credit card with Chase bank--it went delinquent. They turned it over to a company called Mann Bracken (they're in Atlanta, GA). Mann Bracken filed with the National Arbitration Forum. ...

I Cashed In My 401k Need Help! [ 8 Answers ]

Help I Lost My Job In 2004 So I Cashed In My 401k. I Am Single And Have One Child Still At Home.. the Company I Worked For Kept 20percent Of The Amount And Sent It In On My Federal Taxes. My Question Is Will I Have More Taxes And Pentalties When I File This Year, I Am Now Working But Not Making...

Posted earlier but not addressed yet! Thanks for you help with this! [ 1 Answers ]

This question has not been addresssed yet. I know it is still early but would like some help with this still because these are popping up a lot and I do not know what to do with them. I know Chery said that Spybot - Search and Destroy was a little difficult but it is still on my system. Spybot -...

View more questions Search