Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpmePlz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2003, 02:04 PM
    Device Manager - Modem Not Uninstalling
    Hi,
    I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says:
    "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer", any ideas why?

The reason I need to uninstall the USB cable modem is because the CD that I have to install the Ethernet connection with tells me to remove this device or it can't carry on with the installation. I have tried to disable the device, it works but I still get the message off the CD that the device is still connected.

Any ideas on why the message comes up when I try to uninstall and how I can get it to work?
    Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

Device Manager is totally blank but PC is working? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My computer is running Windows2000pro. Recently my device manager has no information in it whatsoever. It's totally blank. My computer is still working but I want to install new graphics drivers for a new graphics card. I install the latest forceware drivers from the nvidia site without any...

Uninstalling my Xp [ 20 Answers ]

Hello. Got a complicated problem. My windows xp crashed so I tried to install a separate xp system.. this did not work because I had the wrong product key(don't ask) So fine bought a brand new xp system. Problem is I have one operating system on my computer and half of another. I want to totally...

Device manager - Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have the following PC combination: KOB810DSMT (100 FSB), Intel Celeron 633Mhz, 128MB Ram, 10GB HDD, WIN2K Prof with SP4. I have faced a peculiar problem with this unit In the device manager I find the following 2 problems: - PCI Communication Device - Unknown device. With Yellow Question...

Device manager [ 4 Answers ]

I know now a little about IRQs and DMAs but I'm having problems about what IOs do. Thank you

Device Manager - Hardware Not Uninstalling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.