Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kph8720 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2005, 05:30 PM
    Vent Pipe Termination
    Hi,

I have 4 separate 2 inch vent pipes that will be coming from different parts of the house and all pass through the attic. Is it permissible to tie all of these together in the attic so that I only have 1 3" pipe that passes through the roof?

Thanks for the help

Kevin
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 7, 2005, 06:23 PM
    Reventing
    Quote Originally Posted by kph8720
    Hi,

I have 4 seperate 2 inch vent pipes that will be coming from different parts of the house and all pass through the attic. Is it permissible to tie all of these together in the attic so that I only have 1 3" pipe that passes through the roof?

Thanks for the help

Kevin

Yes, it's called reventing and we do it all the time. Just remember when you install fittings on a vent or revent you must turn the tees,combos and wyes upside down. Just treat a vent fitting like the water was draining from the roof as a source. ( This is for rain that gets in the vents to drain back into the system.) Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Vent Pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Is It Ok To Drain My Central Ac Unit Into My 4" Bath Vent Pipe And Should There Be Water In That Pipe. The Ac Guys Did That Because The Other Ac Pipe Was Cloged.

Air Vent pipe replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Live in an old house that has exterior metal air vent pipe--it exits the crawl space through foundation blocks (above ground), runs up the clapboard, through the roof eave. A wood cabinet has been built over that portion of the house, so now there is no easy access to working with the pipe. ...

Vent pipe for washer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm putting a washer where none has existed before (see Washer Height Discharge). You've answered my question about discharging over a door, but now the question about the vent. There is no vent stack near the washer. Can I run a 2" PVC vent pipe horizontally? I would have the...

Vent pipe clog! Help [ 3 Answers ]

Well first of all the vent pipe is clog with something, toilet don't flush the washer drain gurgles, shower does not drain right either, think because of the vent problem, how do I clear my vent out, The house was like this when I bought it, and they told me that the vent is probably clog with...

Moving a vent pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I recently took out a wall that was part of a closet to make room for a double sink in the bathroom. The Vent pipe 3" was in the wall. I cut it at the floor , put a 90 to the left , went over about 2 feet then another 90 up through the ceiling into the attic where I went at a 45 to the right then...

View more questions Search